Overwatch Randomly Closing With No Error Warning

These past few months, whenever I boot up Overwatch it randomly closes after a short period of time with no error warnings. All of my drivers are updated and this is a new computer. This happened on my old computer as well, and OVW keeps sending me the, “If you leave in the middle of the game you’ll get penalized,” messages and I can’t do anything about it. How do I fix this?

Howdy SimpleDome,

It looks like the Intel graphics driver may be out of date. Let’s try a clean driver reinstall.

1. Download the free third party program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). On this page, scroll to the bottom where it says Download Locations, and choose the link closest to your location.
  2. Once that’s installed, go ahead and run the program as Admin by right-clicking the icon. You can find a guide for using this software here.
  3. Select Intel from the drop down box next to ‘Select Graphics Device’ and then click Clean and Restart.
  4. Once it restarts the PC you’ll want to go to download this driver.
  5. Press Windows key + X.
  6. Click Device Manager.
  7. Once device manager is open, select the device, right click it and click Update Driver Software. This will launch the update driver software wizard, which presents two options.
  8. Click ‘Browse my computer for driver software’
  9. Click Browse and navigate to the folder with the Intel zip download
  10. Click Next