Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – November 5, 2018

(Tom Powers) #1

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – November 5, 2018

A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Hero: Ashe (Damage):

Ashe’s arsenal of weapons makes her a versatile offensive hero, capable of setting up the perfect situation to shoot down dangerous enemies from range or deal high area-of-effect burst damage to groups of heroes.

Her primary weapon is the Viper , a lever-action rifle with two firing modes: semi-automatic and aim down sights. In semi-automatic mode, the Viper shoots rapidly with a high spread. Aiming down the sights lets Ashe line up precise shots, increasing damage at the expense of speed.

She can turn any situation into her favor with her Coach Gun a short-range, high-impact sidearm that deals big damage and clears the way by knocking back nearby enemies. It can also be used to knock herself back for added mobility, either to reposition herself for a clear shot, or to escape pursuing enemies.

Ashe’s Dynamite ability is a thrown explosive that detonates after a delay. It deals damage in a wide radius and sets enemies on fire for additional damage over time. She can also shoot the dynamite to detonate it early, allowing her to damage unsuspecting enemies.

Her ultimate ability, B.O.B. , sends Ashe’s loyal omnic companion rushing into the fray, shoving aside the frontline to rough up targets in the backline.

To learn more about Ashe, click here

USER UPDATES

General

• Removed the “Unlock All” option in the Hero Gallery

(Tom Powers) pinned #2

Good. The unlock all button with a filter was confusing.

Thanks for the patch notes!

Thank you for the patch notes, was dying to see these :smile:

does this mean that the changes announced on 20181023 (that include the Mercy, Reaper, Roadhog and etc buffs) have been moved into live to make way for this new patch?

Really? Man. I actually kind of liked the buy all option. Its not my fault people can’t read and just keep pressing buttons until something happens.

Isn’t that how everyone learns how to use a computer?

Plz tell more about B.O.B. story.
Is it an IoT ?
Firmware version and operating system: Apple iOs, Android, AMIGA kickstart or IBM 5100 ?
What about is IA capabilities or his programmer origin ?
Can it compute quantum equation ?
It prefer raspberry taste or rum odor ?

Robert ( Bob )

I just want to know if B.O.B can talk.

Where are of other 80% of the ptr changes?

I think they forgot they are over on PTR for over 3 weeks now

What did you do with the roadhog, reaper, sym buffs?

about the doomfist nerf

1 roadhog is getting buffed
2. Ashe is a good counter against doom
3. Doom is finally getting played in pro league’s. Compare worldcup with OWL, he finally gets some screentime. Now you want him unplayable for the pro’s again?

I see you are nerfing mutiple things at the same time, why not 1 thing, see where he is. then another. i don’t want him nerfed to oblivion

I’ve noticed Bastion retains his CC immunity in Sentry mode when not actually on the ground, e.g. changing while dropping from high ground to low, or stepping on a jump pad and transforming and just bouncing over and over while shredding all comers before they can track him well enough to hit. (This second one is a particular nuisance on Chateaux Guillard, especially for Pharah players.) Hoping a future patch will either require him to actually be on the ground to have CC immunity, so he can be booped out of the jump pad bounce, and/or extend that immunity so that it applies to jump pads the same as it does to boops if he drops onto one in Sentry mode.

You’re really asking for nerfs to the least played character with one of the worst spread-dps conversions in the game? Can’t a character keep one cheesy feature that has such a niche it’s practically non-existent? Here’s a solution for you: move out of Bastion’s line of sight. Even when he is jumping on the pad, there are still areas he can’t shoot at and he isn’t on the checkpoint to contest.

Rip overwatch isn’t opening after the patch. It’s just black with the ow cursor. I have a 1050 and all my s*#! is up to date.

The jump pads on Chateaux Guillard are the example of the problem. The one on Oasis is closed off and not a concern, and things are different in team play, where a DPS can be shielded by a tank, than in FFA where everyone’s trying to kill everyone. The impact of such a nerf would be minimal, as there are few circumstances where it comes into play.

Frankly, ideally the jump pad would simply not work on a character with anti-CC in effect. I’d rather have the Bastion block off the jump pad on the ground than camp it as a perfect, uninterruptible trampoline with no way to knock him off it.

And in exchange for this, find out why Bastion is picked so little and maybe address that as compensation.

I still don’t see the reason to change it since the jump pads don’t invoke a crowd control status. Bastion still can be CC’ed from things like hook, hack, pin, and sleep dart. His Turret Configuration negates stuns and pushes (Lucio boop and Doomfist punch).

There is a solution to a camping Bastion, go somewhere else. If other players move on to other locations and leave the Bastion there then it will force the Bastion to change tactics or lose any lead that he may have had.