Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – May 8, 2019

(Molly Fender) #1

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – May 8, 2019

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

BUG FIXES

Custom Games

• When you save a preset, the name now changes to the selected preset.
  • There is now a key binding for restarting a custom game.

Heroes

Doomfist

• Fixed a bug where Seismic Slam could hit enemies that were out of Doomfist’s normal range

Workshop

• Fixed multiple bugs with the "Set Max Health" action, particularly with its interaction with barrier health.
  • Fixed UI and effects not correctly interpreting chased variables whose destinations or rates were player-specific values (such as player variables).
  • Fixed the "Set Ultimate Charge" and “Start Camera” actions sometimes not correctly reading player-specific values (such as player variables).
  • Fixed the "Start Holding Button" action not handling the "Interact" button correctly.
  • Improved stability.

Ptr just updated, where are the patch notes?
[Bug] Once more about the camera bug
(Molly Fender) closed #2

(Molly Fender) pinned #3

(Molly Fender) opened #4

still no map detection condition :disappointed_relieved:
Also 1 idea i had and would be super usefull is, an array for buttons so one can swap buttons to make some modes more intuitive such as those 2D mode where we could swap W S to A D

Can we get this on load also? You’re already nuking settings and scripts on load, might aswell do name for ease of use.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you change something about the action DAMAGE() ?
My game mode is broken now :cry:

Before this patch the script would apply the exact amount of damage I was passing to the method, but now the amount of damage dealt seems to be affected by the player’s SET DAMAGE DEALT setting.
I don’t think it should be this way, or at least we should have both ways of dealing the intended damage.

Example of this unintended behavior:
1B8XA

Please add more String words: “Speed”, “Movement”, “Health”, “By”, “Weapon”, “Collect(ed)”, etc. Also please fix your effects not destroying themselves immediately when using references stored in arrays of more than 13ish entries. They either take a while to destroy themselves or only do when an other effect gets updated, until few enough of them remain and they eventually destroy themselves with no delay.

I think this update broke 'Forced Jumping"
Wait(RANDOM_REAL(2, 5))
START_HOLDING_BUTTON(JUMP)
WAIT(RANDOM_REAL(0, 0.5))
STOP_HOLDING_BUTTON(JUMP)
LOOP

I could swear it worked yesterday - but not today.

Please give the people who made the workshop COOKIES.
They are all so awesome :heart:

We need more AI bots for custom games

What do you mean by this? As far as I’m aware, effects don’t ever destroy then selves automatically. The only case is when an entity is created in a player event and that player leaves the game. Apart from this single case, you need to destroy them manually.

This please. More bots please. MOAR. Even just TWO more would help tremendously.

Yes I am aware. I am talking about effects not destroying properly with Destroy action because they are too many.

Oh, my bad. I’ve never come across this, sorry :o

And more available modes for the bots!

I like the QoL change for saving games ^^

Now if only we can modify the game to have it 3 players vs 9 AIs, lol =D

Too bad we still lack many things, since I actually want to try make PayDay game mode in OW in the future, lol. I wonder if I still have the source-code for it, because I made it on Unreal Engine as my college gaming development assignment, lol. Well it’s a fun topic to learn as a hobby =)

which is it? O.o

Set max health still doesn’t work with Torbjorn’s turret.

Holding jump and crouch never worked for me. Would be cool if they fixed that