Overwatch PTR Patch Notes - May 6, 2019

(Dan Reed) #1

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – May 6, 2019

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

Workshop

• Fixed several “Disable Built-In Game Mode” actions not working in certain situations.
  • Fixed several player modifications (such as movement speed) not carrying over between rounds of a Control map.
  • Fixed “Set Max Health” action not working consistently.
  • Fixed “Is Using Ultimate” not working for some heroes.
  • Fixed “Disallow Button” not being able to disable button input for Bastion’s Gatling Gun.
  • Fixed “Player Carrying Flag” resulting in a non-player entity.
  • Fixed a bug where it could become impossible to access the Escape menu when using certain actions.
  • Improved stability.

(Dan Reed) pinned #2

Thank you for fixing the movement speed, maxh health and other things.

THANK YOU DEVS! THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE PATCH!

Glad to see that the Workshop is getting lots of love. I can’t wait to see what comes in the future!

After first tests, the server stability seems to be improved indeed.

Any word on the weird timing issues listed here? [BUG?] Timings work differently in Deathmatch than in other modes

“Is using Ult” still doesn’t work correctly for heros. Dva and ashe known off hand.

:frowning: I was hoping for hero balancing

I was hoping for wallridable entities and rectangular shaped entities.

It’s working correctly, but not the way you think. “is using” is only relevant to abilities that are currently happening. For example, when Moira activates her ult, it stays on for the entire duration. D.va’s ult is an activation and it’s not channeled at all. There’s workarounds, just have to think outside the box.

I know how it works. Ashes “Is using Ult” keeps retriggering the actions. For instances, if you use a wait in the actions the rest of the script no longer is called until AFTER Bob is gone. Trigger ult calls onces until the value returns back false for all other heros. Bob health bar stays in play until full duration even if he is dead. Don’t recall that being the case before either. Also D.vas ult only works for ejecting not calling.

There’s glitches, but there’s still workarounds to make what you want to happen. Sometimes you just have to simulate it. There’s no check for a melee button, but I simulated one and it works perfectly with every other rule that checks for other attacks.

Please let me make mercy’s damage boost trigger an event.

So now you tell me that there is a stable way to find out when someone throw his ult? I needed this + the set ultimate charge function to work for my game mode.

This is the most important part. Just ask Nintendo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still bugs on ultimate charge, Set Ultimate Charge(add(current charge, 10)) doesn’t work, it simply sets it to 10

It’s nice, I can set the TDM Score now but I can’t declare team victory manually …

doomfist need slam buff

15m -> 20m
65dmg -> 87dmg

Thanks for devoting time and effort into something no one asked for. Bravo Blizzard! Well done!