Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – March 27, 2019

(Santiago Baranda) #1

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – March 27, 2019

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES

Doomfist

• Seismic Slam
    • Can now target through railings

Mei

• Ice Wall
    • Easier to place on thin surfaces
    • Appears less jittery when placing while moving around

Reaper

• Shadow Step

Symmetra

• Teleporter
    • Players that use your Teleporter now continue to look in their current viewing direction

BUG FIXES

Heroes

General

• Fixed a bug where your view would become level with the horizon after using Symmetra’s Teleporter

Doomfist

• Fixed a bug where Doomfist would get caught on door frames when impacting a wall

Reaper

• Fixed a bug where Shadow Step’s placement target would fall from ledges
  • Fixed a bug where Reaper was able to gain capture progress on an objective while phased using Shadow Step

Symmetra

• Fixed a bug where the Teleporter’s placement target would fall from ledges

Symmetra's Teleporters Suck! :-P
(Santiago Baranda) pinned #2

So basically this patch is trying to make the environment less annoying to deal with

Basically,yeah it is

Thank you SO MUCH! This change is absolutely amazing!

QoL changes are always welcome :3

No.

(20 characters!)

Good changes. I would like to see Widow’s Grappling Hook addressed too. Some areas are very frustrating to try to grapple onto.

Glad you guys are giving Symmetra the light of day not just for the sake of Goats, but what about her actual problems of not having an escape or defensive ability? Seriously, either make the deploy-time of TP 1s or at least make it permanent so it can be somewhat reliable.

no more junk changes? guess he is just getting another patch of a NET NERF 2 times in a row

teleport is difficult to balance… its very strong in ideal situations (teamwork etc). almost like… an ultimate? idk maybe thats a weird idea

besides that, very good PTR so far! especially the “positioning stuff onto railings” thing is awesome and i cant wait for it to go live!

Unwritten bug fix: Junkrat’s grenades no longer interact really strangely with the environment.

On the 25th patch, the grenades had slightly-off bounce angles and stopped in their tracks after the second bounce. Now, they fixed it so they behave the same as on live, just one less bounce. Much improved.

It’s a really big fix to just not include in the patch notes

They just buffed his shadow step on the PTR, wait till it plays out till you start crying for more changes.

Hello Blizzard,
If I really want to be honest with you, I think your team in the quality of life and balancing stage need to get their work together, as the Reaper changes are very much boring at best. Reapers shadowstep really needs a rework in a way that its not very animation heavy and easy to get killed into to more like a blink move like maybe something like Moira’s ability only make it so he can teleport faster with no sound and little graphics. The balance changes are still lackluster and I think more time in the PTR is required or maybe make it so that within the first week of the PTR, gather your data and make changes accordingly. Seeing, time after time, again and again, the most obscure balance changes and not even taking a second to think that it actually means something bad or good. Please Blizzard, Overwatch devs even you Jeff Kaplan, get your act together and not just focus on the little kids in the game, but for the rest of the playerbase that actually takes into consideration the changes you make. End of rant.

Junkrat changes are still removing most of junkrats kit and replacing it with nothing really new.

We already know how to place first bounce shots where we need them.

Thats all we gained from this. Splash damage is a joke and instantly healed away. Why would we want to just drop splash damage on people?

In the mean time:

• Junkrat Cant reliably bounce shots up or down slopes.
  • Junkrat Cant Bank Shots off of all the surfaces he did before reliably
  • Junkrat Cant lob shots over tall buildings and allow the 2nd bounce to drop hits on people
  • Junkrat Cant chase down faster enemies with lonnger ranged bounces
  • Junkrat Cant reliably bounce shots Under vehicles and payload for a hit, instead its just splash damage
  • Junkrat Cant hook long range bounces around corners to catch retreating flankers.
    The list goes on.

Junkrat gained 10dmg on direct hits, for which he is terrible at due to latency issues. The speed increase is a joke and isnt panning out as some boone to his viability in direct hits.
He’s forced to get in closer into combat, for which he has ZERO survivability buffs. Close range is the worst place for someone with his HP , no armor, and giant hitboxes.
Baptiste negates basically every part of junkrat’s kit damage through burst heals or kill negation.

Overall these changes are a nerf, despite what popular streamers may say.

So in short you want an I win button. :smiley:

Very that.

Look at Symmetra for example. She already got reworked TWICE and in either case she broke out of F Tier. She clearly has problems but they refuse to address them(only buffing her weapon because they need to kill GOATS since its hurting their precious OWL).

they love doing these changes that don’t address the hero’s actual problems and after an year or two, MAYBE they decide to tackle the problem (only after probing every part of the hero EXCEPT that). For example: Hog and Ana.

I’m personally exhausted from giving their balance team chance after chance, its not worth it investing yourself in a game with a team that just refuses to fix the game according to the feedback they receive. The only people that get a saying in balance are the devs themselves and their beloved pros (remember how at Blizzcon they joked about “Forum Brigitte” when one a pro complained about her they rushed to make changes? I do.).

IMHO, An “I win” button would probably be like a junkrat player who after 1 primary shot uses the mine in point blank range, or like widowmaker from afar (to name a few).

Any more undocumented changes for Junkrat?