Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – September 23, 2020
A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.
Feature Update: Improved Profanity Filter
We are making changes to how the Profanity Filter works to give players more control over the types of words they see. Instead of a simple On/Off Profanity Filter, there are now three levels of profanity filtering provided.
- FRIENDLY – We’ll do our best to filter all words currently identified by our constantly-updated list as obscene, vulgar, or offensive. This is the most family-friendly setting.
- MATURE – You may see some obscene or vulgar words with this setting, but we will filter language identified as extremely offensive.
- UNFILTERED – Nothing will be filtered. Please be aware that you may see extremely offensive language. This setting is not recommended.
Along with the new three levels of filtering, we now will allow players to have different profanity filter settings for each communication channel. These channels include:
- GENERAL CHAT
- MATCH CHAT
- TEAM CHAT
- PARTY CHAT
As an example, you could use the stronger FRIENDLY profanity filter option for more public channels such as GENERAL CHAT or MATCH CHAT, but use the MATURE option for the more private PARTY CHAT.
PLEASE NOTE: Using Any of the profanity filters doesn’t make it okay for players to use offensive language, and we encourage you to report these examples if you encounter them.
See Blizzard Entertainment’s In-Game-Code of Conduct for more information on acceptable behavior. Using language reported by the community and deemed offensive by Blizzard will result in severe account restrictions.
Feature Update: Elevator Adjustments
Elevators will now wait at the bottom of their track until a player boards the platform. After a short delay, the platform rises rapidly upward. Once the elevator reaches the top, it pauses briefly before returning to the bottom.
Developer Comments: We’ve received quite a bit of feedback about the unreliability of the looping elevators in Hollywood and Volskaya Industries. In an effort to improve that experience, we have re-designed the elevators in both maps so that they no longer endlessly loop. We hope that this change will make elevators a quicker and more reliable form of vertical transportation, while granting nearby players fair warning that the elevator is in use through updated sound effects.
- Added a voice line stating, “For the Crusaders!”, that allies will hear when Reinhardt uses his ultimate ability
- Improved smoothness of Sombra’s First Person camera when Translocating short distances to a Translocator that is in view
- Fixed a bug that caused highlights saved from Experimental games to not load properly
- Fixed a bug that caused Baptiste’s eyes to not blink during his idle animation
- Fixed a bug that caused the spray menu to display “Empty” in the top slot while a spray is equipped
- Fixed a bug with the Lifeguard skin model not displaying properly on low texture quality settings
- Fixed a bug that caused Pharah’s eyes to not animate properly when equipping the Lifeguard skin
- Fixed a bug that prevented “Storm, Earth and Fire” achievement from triggering
- Grappling Hook now has improved target detection to help connecting to walls be more consistent
- Fixed a bug that caused beam hit effects to display incorrectly on barriers
- Fixed a bug with Ashe’s Dynamite in hand to not scale to the size of the projectile
- Fixed a bug with Brigitte’s Whip Shot not displaying properly when triggered rapidly without a cooldown
- Fixed a bug that caused Reinhardt’s Earthshatter to not consistently hit targets when model scale is increased