Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – March 25, 2020

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – March 25, 2020

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES

Ashe

The Viper (Secondary Fire)

• Updated lever action sound to better line up with when she can shoot again

Echo

Sticky Bombs

• Explosion damage reduced from 30 to 25

Duplicate

• Ultimate cost increased by 16%

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Tracer

• Fixed a bug where blinking mid-air could allow Tracer to move slightly vertically upward

Echo

• Fixed a bug where a Duplicated hack or sleep wouldn’t persist 3 seconds after the duplication ended
20 Likes

Ok but when are you making Mercy a tank?

38 Likes

These Echo nerfs are perfect, I think. Not too harsh, just pulling back her burst damage and toning down how fast she gets her ult while keeping it powerful.

She’s still gonna be very fun, fluid, and strong after this, just more in line with other heroes! Thank you guys!

Now, where are our balance changes for other heroes!!

56 Likes

she can’t one shot with sticky. let’s see how this goes. prob for the best. I still think her e is her best ability

4 Likes

Mr Josh while this ptr post says its 25 explosive the battle net launcher for the spanish version says 20, the english version has it correct for the battle launcher for 25, could you perhaps check to make sure all languages have the correct amount listed?

4 Likes

Was hoping for more balance changes than this. It was like we had a solid 3-4 weeks there where balance changes really were faster/more aggressive, and now we’re right back to that “balance for stability” mantra. Been a little disappointing recently in the balance department.

This coming from a dude that typically has a VERY positive outlook on the game as a whole. I don’t think the game is wildly imbalanced or anything, but there are a few heroes that still needs some tweaks imo. I was hoping we would get those this week.

16 Likes

its a good start for echo but the major issue with her ult was remaining, she was able to have multiple ult when she was in duplicate mode and this is who need to be change to 1 ult when she duplicate

3 Likes

So are y’all ever gonna fix her no register issue or???

21 Likes

So is this the ultimate cost, or the cost of the other ultimates echo can use with her ultimate?

4 Likes

Her own ultimate to nerf the ultimates while transformed it would be something like nerfed ult charge gain while in ult from 650% to like 600%

1 Like

Good changes for echo. I wouldnt be surprised if her beam range gets nerfed or her ult charge while in ult gets adjusted in some way. Still like the hero :slight_smile:

Kind of bummed they didn’t increase her aerial movement speed to compensate for the previous bug fix, which wouldn’t really be that unreasonable now that her damage and ult has been nerfed.

1 Like

Noooo my skinny queen

4 Likes

Where is the nerf to mccreeeeee, brokencree, monstercree???

2 Likes

May we have a Pharah buff?

5 Likes

Dear devs, I know you haven’t touched her in nearly 2 years but just reminding you that Pharah exists

3 Likes

oh, so Tracer blinking slightly upward was not a desired thing

5 Likes

Dang, was hoping for a balance update which included a few other heroes.

2 Likes

when are we seeing more hero balance changes?