Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – June 23, 2020

Please don’t patch the Wrecking Ball grappling claw bug! It isn’t game breaking or gives Hammond any sort of advantage, and the combo of key binds in order to achieve the bug isn’t practical in-game, so it’s just a funny little tech in the game that does no harm.

4 Likes

Here are a few screenshots of how it looks like.

4 Likes

Bug: the drop down menu for selecting past seasons does not have “all competitive seasons”.

I think the default as private is because of the GDPR, when those options came into play in the same week

On the second screenshot, below ALL HEROES is Pachimari ??

You mind if you add new hero icons for the new characters who have never got one. Brigitte, Baptiste, Wrecking Ball, Ashe, Sigma, Echo. Thanks :slight_smile:

T H E G A M E I S S A V E D

2 Likes

Please address the Moira bugs please.

I included 2 bugs in this thread with I hope enough video evidence.

Add a “General” or “No Hero” filter option to the profile icons. This will show icons like “Kofi Aromo” or “Ramen” that aren’t associated with a specific hero.

Actually, it also happens during the game. So imagine: you on ball are punching someone in the enemy back line, and want to escape, so instinctively go into ball form and grapple. The exact inputs needed to reproduce the bug, if you were unlucky enough to make those inputs fast enough, it leaves you walking in crab form without a vital 6 second cooldown. No funny business here, this is a bug that should stay fixed.

That glitch only happens when you are holding transform then grapple at the same time or one after the other very quickly. if you use transform then grapple in a quick manner to get away from someone, you’re playing ball wrong. I play a good amount of Ball and I never encountered that glitch during fights unless I was trying to do it.

“if you use transform then grapple in a quick manner to get away from someone, you’re playing ball wrong” - happened to me once or twice in this season’s 42 hours on ball (win rate 57%, season’s peak 4167). Yeah, I’ll rethink how I play the game based on your 1 line analysis, thank you for bringing my attention to my poor decision making.
“I play a good amount of Ball and I never encountered that glitch during fights”
5 wins on ball in quick play is not “good amount”, bro: overbuff com/players/pc/Jeefly-11379/heroes

I agree let’s fix fun harmless bugs while our balance team does crack in their bathrooms.

Thank you for the career profile changes and the junkrat changes and all the bug fixes.

1 Like

Wrecking Ball

• Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could use Grappling Claw without transitioning into ball form

Can the devs give an actual reason why please?

Wrecking Ball

• Fixed a bug where Wrecking Ball could use Grappling Claw without transitioning into ball form

why exactly seriously I want an actual reason as to why you guys would get rid of that fun glitch?

That has never happened to me in my near 80 hours of playing ball how can you seriously say that it should be patched out? it does not give any in game advantage. Then we might as well patch out mercy’s super jump because guess what buddy, it is nothing but a harmless and fun bug nothing else

I think Mercy’s super jump has evolved into a usable game mechanic on its own, so I think that’s a bit different. But I do agree, no reason to patch out Hammond’s grapple gimmick (edit: or Mercy super jump). It also seems particularly poorly timed, after already polarizing the community with the new voiceline cooldowns.

you have to do it intentionally and it just puts you in disadvantage so
i dont see a reason to revert it

about brig nerf is not a good idea , brig still die more eften then other healers , and now she can’t armor give armor with out ultimate , that slit of armor given is not that overpowered , it’s not enough even to stop 1 gun shot , it should not be removed , after this nerf i probably won’t play brig