Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 17, 2020

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 17, 2020

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

BUG FIXES

Heroes

Brigitte

• Fixed a bug that caused Inspire to activate from Whip Shot environmental kills

Mercy

• Fixed a bug with Guardian Angel speed after triggering the Valkyrie ultimate ability

Orisa

• Fixed a bug with the Medal victory pose appearing partially off-screen when viewed in the Hero Gallery

Sombra

• Fixed a bug that would cause Sombra to get into a bad state if she lost her target just before Hack completes

Zenyatta

• Fixed a bug that caused Zenyatta to appear to take damage at the end of his Transcendence ultimate ability

Workshop

• Fixed a crash related to using certain emotes while scaled
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the camera to briefly look upwards when charging as Reinhardt when set to the smallest scale
  • Fixed a bug that caused fast charge abilities to have unreliable detection when targeting small scale entities
  • Fixed a bug that caused beam weapons to look strange when scaled very small
4 Likes

Always something new every day to make me glad I quit as a support main

26 Likes

They really RUSHED to fix that Mercy bug lmao

14 Likes

noooo this was so fun but it was obvious it would go but eh its finee

1 Like

#fixthesound

2 Likes

Please…

Biotic Grasp bug:

Fade sound bug:

There is a Moira sound bug. If the enemy Moira fades you can hear the Moira’s fade voice lines behind you. This has been in the game for a few months now.

You can tell the enemy team has a Moira before a game even starts due to this if they use fade.

5 Likes

Cries in imploding teleporter bug

2 Likes

5 Likes

What did the bug do?

what does this mean?

7 Likes

This Image scares me very much, but its accurate for it

1 Like

Oh so I’m not just going crazy imagining Moira behind me all the time.

2 Likes

Please consider bringing back the speed buff. Valk is so much fun with it and it made me feel powerful and impactful.

2 Likes

Rein being able to go through Mei’s crystal ability is still there I think.

Nope, when she fade you really do hear those voice lines like she’s right near you even though she’s not lol.

Can the bug that has existed for years now and which causes you to appear to be in VC, while at the same time you aren’t able to hear anyone on be heard be finally fixed?

In more detail, if you get to the Communication Menu you can see that you are in a voice channel, but there’s a muted speaker next to your Battle Tag that you cannot in - mute. Finally, at times you maybe even hear the sound effect of the Push - to - Talk button when you press it, but you cannot see the icon of you speaking on the top left of your screen and if course no one else can hear you as well.

Please Blizzard!!

2 Likes

when mercy use GA during her ult she would go EXTREMELY fast, faster than anything in the game.

1 Like

For those asking, I think the sombra bug refers to something I saw happen to fitzy, where the hack broke but holding down the hack button would just cause you to idle until you reclicked, unable to hack anything

Can someone tell me what in the world this brig note is though?

Doesn’t inspire just always activate at the point of contact, whip shot or no? Was it just reactivating when the environmental triggered? I never noticed this happen so I’m a bit lost

The damage bust beam of Mercy is still bugged (Just a reminder)
The animation it’s not well done and it cuts everytime instead of being fluid like before…

Would this really have been so bad to leave in the game?