Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 1, 2020

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – July 1, 2020

A new Overwatch patch is in development and now available for testing! To share your feedback or report any issues, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes may also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and only reflects changes coming specifically to that platform.

BUG FIXES

General

• Fixed a bug with the “New” player icon tag remaining in the same location after filtering
  • Fixed a bug with the “New” player icon tag not displaying for new icons when sorting by hero
  • Fixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused specific languages to display overlapping strings
  • Fixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused statistics strings to overlap each other
  • Fixed a bug with the Career Profile screen that caused the “All Competitive Seasons” option to not display in the Competitive Season drop-down menu
  • Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused 1P and 3P spectating to not function
  • Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode that caused the Defeat screen to display for the winning team
  • Fixed a bug with the FFA arcade game mode not adding Replays for players within the match
  • Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused Echo’s primary fire sound to play too loudly when using the “No Ammunition Requirement” setting
  • Fixed a bug in Custom Games that caused the Deathmatch announcer voice line to incorrectly state total kills remaining if the game mode was set to a custom score
  • Fixed a bug with incorrect team colors displaying for the winning team after a match concludes
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the jump landing sound effect to play if holding down the space bar
  • Fixed a bug that caused loot box unlocks to not display properly for Sprays, Player Icons and Hero Portraits belonging to voice lines
  • Fixed a bug in Tutorial that caused training bots to not display their health bars
  • Fixed a bug with the Role Select screen not appearing properly on multiple main menu screens for non-group leaders
  • Fixed a bug in Capture the Flag that caused the contesting sound effect to not change in pitch based on the flag’s proximity to the capture point

Maps

Temple of Anubis

• Fixed a bug that would cause Wrecking Ball mines to become stuck inside the terrain

Heroes

Genji

• Fixed a bug with the Deflect sound effect not matching the duration of the ability
  • Fixed a bug that would cause Genji to take projectile damage during a Deflect if too close to an enemy

Hanzo

• Fixed a bug with Sonic Arrow not giving vision through walls when deflected by Genji

Wrecking Ball

• Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball to grapple around in crab form under certain conditions
7 Likes

Please someone

This bug fixed before the Moira fade sound bug…

8 Likes

I always thought that was intentional…

4 Likes

Doomfist’s primary fire is making an ear-splitting noise. Can we get that looked at as well?

2 Likes

Guys why are you writing actually 0 devs read this))

Josh just post news no more

pls dont remove the ball bug :frowning: it gives literally 0 advantages and is just fun

10 Likes

Does it make you want to not play him? Or get angry at people who do?
If so, it’s probably intended.

I thought this was just a tech not a bug, it was edplained as a tech to everyone in videos that went over this tip and it was never said to be a bug.
Also what is up with all the “fine tooning” of bugs that do not matter but there are still worse bugs that are game braking that are not being fixed?

My guess from all these bug fixes is that OW2 will be coming soon and this is just a clean up of bugs so the main game does not look bad to people that want to try it out but may see some kind of bugs.
Just my opinion.

2 Likes

no it just makes ones ears bleed i legit mean it, way out of proportion for any sound that the game makes, there is a doom fist punch and there is just literal flash bang in my ears, i dont play doom but when i do play him in arena 1v1 it makes my ears bleed man.

I’m getting more display driver crashes and occasionally I can see this very fast glitching movements that looks like deforming player models but it’s so fast I can barely see it. However it’s probably indicating something sinister.

PLEASE REVERT BALL BUG , please dont kill the fun part , PLEASSSE devs :frowning:

3 Likes

I can’t get over the fact that this is called “crab form”

5 Likes

So this is the official unofficial name for non-ball form? Excellent.

You, sir, have just unwittingly made your way into the top 20 posts of 2020 for that phrasing alone!

5 Likes

Please revert this. It has no impact on real gameplay, it’s just a fun bug to use whilst waiting for a match…

1 Like