Overwatch problem: GPU usage 0%

Good evening.

I am having an issue with Overwatch not using my GPU (RTX 2060) at all, but instead consuming all of my CPU (Ryzen 5 2600x) up to 80%. Even though Overwatch does not use my GPU at all I still get about 144 fps on average; however, I know I can get a lot more if it starts to use my GPU. I have read other forums about this issue, but have yet to come to a solution, so if anyone could help me figure this out it will mean a lot to me.

Side Note: I just recently built my PC, about 4 days ago, and immediately noticed this problem.

Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

And what about your memory?
Or maybe your pc just overheats or doesnt have enough power supply

Its no secret that:

1. Ryzen CPU’s are slower in games than Intels due to lesser IPC performance
  2. Overwatch is GPU unintensive game
  3. Ryzens consume lot of power

Id say its either heat problem, your memory or lack of power supply

My memory is a Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 3000 single stick. I do not think it is a power supply issue since I have a 550 watt plus Bronze.

Even though Overwatch is a GPU unintensive game should it not use little GPU performance, not 0?

Ryzen consumes 200W and RTX2060 consumes 300W under heavy load (Meaning you should upgrade your power supply) but since Overwatch is not that heavy you should be fine.

Then single stick equals halved frequency, but overall your PC still very strong to run Overwatch.
Check your heat or software.

Even though Overwatch is a GPU unintensive game should it not use little GPU performance, not 0?

Well, without GPU it wont run at all lol

Well thanks for the information! I will be sure to to keep these issues in mind when I upgrade in the future. Again, thanks for the support.

Are you using HDMI for the monitor? If so, is the cable connected to the GPU or the motherboard? I would suggest putting the HDMI cable into the GPU

I’m the future, there is a forum section on reporting bugs and technical issues, but I don’t mind giving advice.

Do any other games have this same issue? If not, then you may need to go into Overwatch’s options and manually set your GPU to be used. Try using Nvidia’s GeForce Experience to automatically configure optimal settings. I’m unable to access the game at the moment, as my PC is recovering backup data to a new hard drive, but try to search through the options and find a setting that lists your GPU as an option and make sure it’s enabled.

Are you using HDMI for the monitor? If so, is the cable connected to the GPU or the motherboard? I would suggest putting the HDMI cable into the GPU

Yeah this will definitely cause problems if this is the case. If your video cable is in your motherboard, it’ll use your CPU as a graphics device, which is no bueno.

Maybe consider this part of the Windows 10 bug that incorrectly reports GPU usage that the staff mentioned in the stickies. I don’t think you would be seeing 144 fps if you were using the integrated card.

There might be other factors contributing to lower fps, such as the settings you have the game on etc.