Overwatch PC Comp dcing or ddos?

I was in a match with a mate right and the game was going alright but we weren’t exactly winning when their carry dc’d and we didnt think anything of it until their entire team just randomly left. We just assumed that we had a ddoser until people on our team also started leaving. My duo got suspended from comp and lost 50sr and unable to rejoin. In the end it just ended up being me and my second support 2v3 and we lost the match. So now i dont reckon its a ddos but a really annoying bug or server issue. This has happened before but not on such a big scale like entire teams just leaving the match. It was really frustrating but there was nothing we could do about it.

Here is the replay code: 3P2VGK

There’s a huge wave of such reports in the past couple of days. I’ve seen this happen in one of my games on Friday, where five players on the other team instantly disconnected and kept on intermittently disconnecting throughout the rest of the match. They blamed it on us. In the six years of playing this game, this was the first time I’ve seen something like it. The fact that in the past few days this seems to have suddenly become widespread, points to networking problems with or on the way to Blizzard’s servers. The alternative explanation of sudden emergence of multiple malevolent actors on such a large scale doesn’t stand up to rational scrutiny.

3 Likes

Yeah for the 5 years ive played this game ive never had anything like this happen I hope they fix it soon like

To clarify, did you disconnect or crash? From what I am reading it is not sounding you did, but let me share what is going on with multiple people disappearing in a match. There is not a DDoS, instead, there is a potential issue client randomly crashing without warning, which I speculate may be related to the DNS connection for Overwatch, but it could be other issues. This topic in #technical-support has more details and discussion:

For me, having the same issue, it looked like if you press alt+f4. No error report or something.

Blizzard will respond saying: its not an attack or a server issue follow this guide 3 steps to fix it or contact your provider.

You: You follow the steps you contact your provider there is no issue
Blizzard: Run a Winmtr to check

You:Runs the test everything is perfect. You asking blizzard are you sure its not the server?

Blizzard: Its not us or the servers the problem is you, just you okay?