Overwatch not running on new high endish build

I have tried everything on the other tech support stuff but Overwatch still will not play it says game in running goes to a black screen the has the popups I would expect like how to record the crashes and asks me if i want to play in the Blizzard app and a notification on my system in the bottom right hand corner tells me that the optical resolution is 1920x1080 (its just hooked up to a tv) even though that is what I have it set as in my Windows settings

I am running a Hybrid EVGA 1080 ti
i7 7700K with an aio
32GB of ram at 3200
Asus motherboard Z270 F

1 Like

Hey MCBLOODR3IGN,

Since this is on a TV let’s see if launching Overwatch in windows mode helps.

1. Open the Documents folder.
  2. Open the Overwatch folder and then the Settings folder.
  3. Open Settings_v0 with notepad
  4. Change the settings to look like this:
    FullscreenWindow = "0"
    FullscreenWindowEnabled = "0"
  5. Save the file and launch Overwatch.

If the black screens still happen, post a DxDiag and Overwatch Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Overwatch Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.

When I click on the Overwatch folder all I find is logs

hi i have the same issue i did the windo screen thing but it didn’t work

then if i go to where my game is saved it has cache data ErrorReporting WebBrowserProxy .build.info bink2w64.dll ortp_x64.dll Overwatch Laucher Overwatch vivoxsdk_x64.dll

i think the new windos update broke every thing for all players:rage:

I have never had the game completely booted yet because, as i said, I just got done building the computer myself, updating drivers, and making sure it wont blow up and now i have to worry about this

don’t worry i having the same issue i have my pc for 2 years

i think they going to solve the issue in next update

I think i will download and try out fortnight for the first time

i hate this children game

I get paid to play Overwatch on a college team though crying face

I’ve been having this exact same problem, the game is for lack of a better word, unplayable for me. The loading screen has the logo but a black screen for the background. Sometimes the “entering game” things never loads and the game remains on “entering game for several minutes”. Not only that but when it does load a black screen appears although I get the options to switch profiles with the “X” button or to select with the “A” button. The music is playing in the background but I can’t select anything and pressing buttons does nothing. When the anniversary background appears and the game seems to be running normally I can’t select any hero for any mode, I just get an image of the default hero the game randomly sets for you but I can’t select the hero and I eventually get kicked for inactivity. I’ve tried everything, restarting the game, restarting my WiFi, removing and replacing the disk, I’ve tried EVERYTHING. I can’t play the game.

MCBLOODR3IGN - Since those setting files do not exist, please post a DxDiag and Overwatch Error Logs.

Randy - Please try these steps to help with troubles with Overwatch on a console.

[7660] [NRM] [Game] [External(0)] [External()] [2018-05-23T01:30:09.104Z]: #= VoiceClient: ============================Startup============================
[7660] [NRM] [Game] [External(0)] [External()] [2018-05-23T01:30:09.106Z]: #= VoiceClient: State -> INITIALISED

this is from dxdiag

Diagnostics

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1440680474470221879, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Overwatch.exe
P2: 1.24.0.46836
P3: 5afb4ed5
P4: mscorlib.ni.dll
P5: 4.7.3101.0
P6: 5aba981e
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000726dc0
P9:
P10:

does any of this make sense to you

That is only a partial DxDiag so may not have all the information we may need. May need the complete one posted.

First the error shows the crash is associated with Windows .Net Framwork. Let’s make sure Windows is up to date. Then update .Net Framework.

If you are using aio like nzxt kraken then you might have installed the “CAM” software for it. If it is so, disable overlays in it and overwatch will start working again.