Overwatch might be EA’s stepchild!

So the base game price wasn’t enough, then the lottery wasn’t enough, then the OWL wasn’t enough. Now your going to start charging money for good skins for halloween because its blizzcon?

We get it diablo 3, cross over, blah blah blah. Exept all of the other blizzard cross over skins are FREE and came with the blizzard world update. Granted they don’t need to be base game. And this sombra skin can totally be van helsing’s sick sidekick with the matching aesthetic outfits with leather and metal.

Last thing is ”oh but its with the ticket so its worth it.” well most people don’t buy the ticket for the bastion or winston skin, because (lets be honest) there are plenty of alternatives. Most others in game just have a base ‘carbon fiber’ anyway. When you put an actually worth while skin in the pack, its not because you want people to buy it for whole experience, its because you know people will buy it just for the skin.

Alright, my next paywall addition to the game? I say we spend 30$ to gain access to the event, PER EVENT. Hows that? Any other great suggestions?

4 Likes

You can get the skin next year. It’s not that big of a deal

2 Likes

Bit late on this one chief

You can get it without the ticket you realize

I don’t think that Overwatch is Electronic Arts’ anything.

How dare Blizzard try to make money on purely cosmetic items to fund the development of completely free updates for their game. I mean seriously Blizzard. How f’ing dare you.

4 Likes

even if it wasn’t releasing next year via some other avenue (I’m going to bet on buying D4 really… ) they still have released literally hundreds of pieces of other content for absolutely free that people consume and enjoy.
But they charge for one or two things and “OMG EVIL EMPIRE LIKE EA!”
grow up and get a job. Once you have some funds to throw around you’ll find out that even 50 bucks for something mildly entertaining you can enjoy for a couple weeks or more is really not all that much, especially since it was NOT 50 BUCKS FOR A SKIN… it was an entire package of stuff.

That’s their fault if they’re only buying it for the skin.

People routinely pay $8-10 for a movie ticket and then sometimes another $10 on food and drinks to watch a movie for 2 hours, and then complain about the price of a video game they have 1000 hours in. It sometimes baffles me.

2 Likes

Next time everyone should read the fine print or in this case the thick white print on the website that sells the ticket before they riot on the forums😂

But then I don’t get to post my indignant outrageeeeeee

2 Likes

Hasnt Overwatch had exclusive Blizzcon skins since year 1? How is it different this time?

10 dollars for food AND drinks at the movies? … I wish… damn near 20 bucks now.

I know exactly what you mean. Video games are probably the largest enjoyment time to cost ratio entertainment people engage in… yet they’ll pony up 200 bucks for an express day pass at some theme park, or drop 120 on a night of drinking that they WON’T EVEN REMEMBER.

1 Like

Story of my life.

I do enjoy watching people freak out over something like a skin cost tho. That’s good free entertainment.

1 Like

I know! we even got forum arguments for free! score.

EA has a tonne of p2w aspects though.
OW doesn’t.

1 Like

The Winston and Bastion skins are specific recolors of the default skins with a blizcon logo. This skin is a legendary themed skin and the rest of the skins from the Diablo theme released up to this point are normal lootbox skins that you can unlock at any time.

:laughing: I must be really out of touch. Can’t remember the last time I purchased anything at a movie theater for that reason. I guess I need to check the price next time I’m there…

Because the skin isn’t exclusive. Looks like the EA in the title stands for Early Access

Don’t attempt that. They charge a full game price for a game that is only multiplasyer, and encourage smurfing. They actively encourage the purchase of loot boxes. They are making plenty of money.

Whale all you want, but lose this nonsense