Overwatch Legendary Bots Rework V1.1 - Preview

Greetings everyone, I am the creator behind the well-known AI Customs Bots V11. It has been a while since I last shared any updates, but I want you all to know that I have been hard at work on a reimagined version of this Bot System. I have even uploaded some gameplay footage on my YouTube channel called “Just an Ambush.” Stay tuned for more exciting developments!:

Bastion: Bastion Bot Overwatch 2 - V1.0 - YouTube

Kiriko: Overwatch Custom Kiriko Bot - YouTube

Shooting Range: Overwatch Legendary Bots Rework - Practice Range Feature

Before I unveil the complete version of the AI Customs Bots, featuring support for all heroes, custom options, and compatibility with all maps and game modes, I want to take you through the step-by-step development process and share plenty of gameplay footage very soon. Currently, my bots already support 28 heroes, including Lifeweaver, D.va, and Echo. Now, let me provide you with a brief overview of the key differences between the original V11 and the upcoming Rework V1.0.

Rework Changes [Main]

Navigation

• Bot-Navigation System will now split the full map into areas to reduce performance issues
  • Bot-Navigation System can work with 50% more Waypoints to make the movement flow better.
  • Kiriko, Genji, Hanzo are now able to Climb
  • Widowmaker is now able to use her grapple hook
  • Lucio is now able to do Wallrides

Behavior

• The AI Core behavior is similar to the original system, but it has some more options for more specific situations
  • Bots can Chase Player

Heroes

• New AI for Kiriko, Junker Queen, Lifeweaver, Sojourn
  • Bots have a chance to say Hi after they killed you
  • Bots will now crouch, if they wait for a heal pack
  • Bastion Bot ultimate now works correctly
  • Orisa Bot reworked

The Issues with Turrets

• ATM there is no solution to detect Turrets. Torb Turret will destroy themself after 5 sec.
  • Symmetra wont use her turrets.

Cant wait to finish the hero rooster. With a finished hero rooster i can work on a pve experience as well if people wanna see it.

3 Likes

I love your work! Can’t wait to see more.

2 Likes

I am so looking forward to your bots; they’re sorely needed, seeing how broken the current vanilla AI is.

1 Like

Is the full release still planned for July 2023? And may we use your released work for our own custom game mode creations?

1 Like

I think they’re decent, shame they don’t add the aimbot difficulty to vs AI though and is just in custom games.

The main glitch with them is when they’re allowed to swap to different heroes, they sometimes get confused about their abilities (mainly when they swap after a round of control mode e.g. Reinhardt switches to Winston, Winston will now use leap like charge and may end up leaping off cliffs).
Here is an example at 0:26: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p0DycjWjJc

Normally, Winston bot uses leap aggressively or to retreat, but because he thinks he’s still Reinhardt, he’s using it in the dumbest way lol.

Note: I’ve also experienced Soldier: 76 bot sometimes not shoot me because of them swapping also, which is funny at times to mess around with them lol.

1 Like

Yes, the full release is planned in july. You could use the bots in youre project, but it could be very hard changing their core behavior without killing them.

1 Like

Yeah, granted, they’re not OW1 levels of broken, where they’d just run in place, so that’s a positive.

The bugs that annoy me the most are the hero swapping you’ve already mentioned, Brigitte bots never using their Repair Pack on anyone, Torb rarely using his ultimate, and Doomfist not charging his Rocket Punch (curiously, that only seems to occur in vs. AI, and not in custom games).

Also, I believe they messed up their “awareness” as well - sometimes you can just stand next to them while shooting at them, and they’ll be completely unresponsive towards it - even before the hero swapping bug kicks in.

1 Like

Now you can check my secondary feature for shooting range AI: Overwatch Legendary Bots Rework - Practice Range Feature

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s mainly also due to it being 5v5 and them retreating if they’re outnumbered, meaning less ults being used (it’s why I prefer 6v6, due to the chaos of it lol).

And also, the OW1 bots focused the one with the most damage, whereas OW2, it’s the healers mainly (in particular, Mercy is focused a lot).
Basically, their targeting is flipped over in OW2.

1 Like

Same here, at least you can still play 6v6 in custom games, haha.

Huh, I never noticed. I’ll try to keep an eye out for that next time I play.

1 Like

True and yeah, the bots focusing on healers is quite common for Mercy and Lifeweaver.

If you say out of sight, they may eventually ignore you, but they’ll still focus you through walls for a bit.