Overwatch League Rewards Guide - UPDATE on YouTube Platform Rewards Incentives

I am a forum MVP. I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment. I am a player like you and I try to provide the best possible advice to the community. I don’t like recommending purchasing tokens especially when there is a malfunction, but I am only here to try and help where I can. As far as 100 bonus tokens goes, only a tiny portion of players who were watching at the time gets a bonus at the end of any given map (I don’t know the exact odds). Do not rely on getting 100 token bonus to get caught up.

Well, and apparently Tech Support, according to your user flair, which, combined with the way you talk, and carry yourself around here leads to a very safe assumption on my, and MANY others part. Either way, telling people that they will NEED to purchase tokens, when, while a narrow chance, is not an absolute guarantee, leads to “advice” that you should absolutely not be making, while intentionally omitting information.

I’ve been watching OWL both all day yesterday and today in hopes that I’ll receive enough tokens to get the Jjonak Zen skin without buying tokens but the bug with the drops has left me with 198 the day before the limited time event ends. Without knowing the exact time it ends and without receiving my tokens from yesterday I’m completely stuck. I’m not willing to buy 100 tokens just to fill the 2 token gap. I really hope you can refund before the finals and the skin event ends.

As a reminder there will be one more match Sunday June 14th, starting at 1 PM Pacific Time. I estimate there will be 6 to 9 tokens still to earn from that match.

Also remember that your in-game token balance (earned from watching or purchased) never expire. So if you do choose to purchase you will have a balance to work off of for any future skins or items that are made available through OWL tokens (and I do expect there will be more).

I’m going to assume that all of Friday’s tokens got lost in the Upside-Down.

2 Likes

Didn’t get any either, got 18 for yesterday tho.

Update for Friday Token Drops

Hey guys, I have some important news regarding the missing hourly token drops from Friday night. The Overwatch League streaming team is working on restoring and recovering drops for watching on Friday Night. That being said it may take time and may take longer before the Zen-Nakji goes away. Remember this is only a matter of 9, maybe 12 tokens. Whether you are waiting for these tokens or you would be short anyways, if you need more tokens to purchase the Zen-Nakji skin, you can purchase them here:

They still messed up big time and should offer people that suffered from those missing drops a few more tokens as a compensation for said inconvenience.

I don’t watch the OWL but I did spend money on the Lucio and Mercy skin instead (even though my principles against OWL took a big shot and I hate myself for being weak and indirectly supporting the OWL) so I’m not really concerned about what happened on Friday.

However, a friend of mine scheduled all the tokens they would get by watching the OWL on Twitch and they needed those tokens to reach 200 tokens and get the Zen skin.

Because of this, they had to spend money to get 100 tokens so all the streaming efforts pay off and are not considered as a waste of time. A lot of other people are in this case and it’s clearly unfair from the OWL and Blizzard’s part.

They could at least apologize in a post on the forums since this accident can be considered as deceptive advertising as they didn’t fulfill their part of the deal regarding the offer promised to the viewers.

This only proves me once again how big of a joke the OWL is.

If you’re in contact with people above from Blizzard or OWL, let them at least know customers were not happy with that, especially knowing tokens were not refunded before the Zen-Nakji went away.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Seems like they were broken again today.

You are the first to report any missing tokens. I received tokens and far as I could tell so did the majority of the community. Have you tried going through my troubleshooting guide above?

I just went to check in game and some showed up although I didn’t get a Twitch notification. Wasn’t sure if it was Friday’s catching up or what.

Blizz should keep the skin available until the token drop thing is resolved.

Giving folks an extra 24/48 hours to get an exclusive item when the system breaks is a show of good faith.
Screwing over a bunch of people because your systems didn’t work right and saying “just BUY the tokens” as a way to not miss out is a giant middle finger

Im lucky I got the skin but if I was less than 12 tokens away from unlocking it and then the system fails and I missed out, I’d be absolutely furious.

The other alternative is to just give everyone 15 tokens as a “sorry our thing screwed up at the last minute” so those who would be screwed are saved without giving too much away (because 15 tokens are pretty useless by themselves, might even encourage a few people to watch the next stage to get it up to 100)

Just want to double verify. Top 500 bits donators get the same exact lvl 2 badge each stage, right?

In other words, if you are top 500 donator stage 1 and then also stage 2, you are still only getting one badge?

This badge is the golden OWL Tracer one?

Thanks for the updates Myst. I had my phone streaming while I was at work this weekend. (went through about 3 gb or more in data out of 6gb plan streaming the last 3 days) was curious why I never got Friday’s.

Also… Jeez with the ads. I bet half that data usage was from ads alone. I set stream to lowest quality but then get 3 to 4 ads at HD each time an ad rolls. Annoying af.

From what I understand the process to determine token drops for a missed stream is complicated, so notifications may not drop. That being said, my token balance has not be different from the expected drops in the last 48 hours.

I checked my testing account, and unfortunately, it appears the Zen-Nakji skin has been pulled off the listings. It is no longer available.

If you are looking to get this specific Global Badge:

You must either reach the top 500 twitch bit cheerers at the end of any given stage or gift 25 All-Access Passes. Please note each stage resets the leaderboard at the start of a new stage and not at the end of a stage. Right now it appears cheering 2,000 bits or more reaches top 500 for Stage 3. However once you get it, you do not need to reach top 500 again for any other stage.

As a reminder, you can watch Overwatch League ad-free if you get the Twitch All-Access Pass, combined with the fact that comes with 200 Overwatch League tokens (a $10 value) and other perks, it practically pays for itself.

Hey everyone, the weekly challenges have closed out for the night from what I can tell but it seems like the entire Weekly, Stage, and Community Challenges listings on the Overwatch League Twitch page appears glitched out. Don’t think this is going to mean a whole lot though.

Finally, as announced today in the finals, there is going to be a special “Watchpoint: Stage 4 Preview Show” on Thrusday July 18th at 4:00 PM PDT. I am very certain this broadcast will not be eligible for earning tokens from.

Is the Zen-Nakji skin staying on for longer because people having issues with league tokens?

It has already been pulled off the Overwatch League item list.

Looks like Friday’s tokens finally caught up.

Confirmed, as expected there was only 9 tokens missing from that day.

I do have the all access pass but no “new” owl skins, meh. Guess that money went wasted as usual. Eg Rein, Doom etc.