Overwatch League Rewards Guide - UPDATE on YouTube Platform Rewards Incentives

Oh no! :cry: But thank you for the quick response.
I do follow one of them on twitter, but I guess it just got lost in the rest of my feed.

I personally turn on Mobile Notifications for both. It ensures I see their tweets as long as I am checking my phone.

In addition, I have learned that at least checking the game at least once every three weeks is very likely to make sure to catch an opportunity to enjoy most in-game promotions.

Details of incident where I (and others) did not receive OWL tokens during the All-Stars games:

1. Watched the All-Stars on Microsoft Edge - as I have done for every OWL game without issue.

2. Watched the stream via the OWL website (overwatchleague.com) - as I had done for (almost) every OWL game without issue prior to this incident.

3. Logged into my Blizzard account and verified that I was receiving viewership rewards - as I have done in the past with no issue.

4. Started the stream(s) at the beginning or near the beginning of the pre-show and watched till the end of the post-show. Now, this is actually the only thing I’ve ever done differently than in past OWL games. In the past, I would just pick up somewhere in the middle of or shortly after the pre-show.

I was anxious to start earning OWL tokens ASAP during the All-Stars to benefit from the 2x token drops. After all, I had saved up 184 tokens prior to May 15.

So there’s some data - start doing something with it.

1 Like

Just as reminder for the community, the “Overwatch League Rewind” broadcasts, which is a commentary of a past 2018 season match among analysts and Overwatch League players are not considered live matches and therefore does not earn Overwatch League tokens for watching.

Furthermore, the Overwatch Contenders Atlantic and Pacific Showdowns also do not count toward earning tokens.

Live matches resume with Stage 3 on June 6th!

In addition, if you are looking to get the Gold Top 500 Badge for Stage 2 Twitch Bit Leaderboards, you can exceed 422nd place if you cheer at least 3050 bits.

1 Like

The Stage 3 Week 1 challenges are now up. No indication of any collectible in-game items yet through any bit cheers unfortunately. Also from now on, I will only maintain weekly rewards in the second post and not both. I have also permanently expanded out my troubleshooting guide to get a bit more exposure there.

2 Likes

Thanks, Wyoming, for your continuous efforts to keep us informed.

I only wish Blizzard had your initiative, diligence, consistency & content when it comes to communicating with the community.

Stage 3: Week 1… almost 4 months of OWL… and still no official word about Grey OWL Skins. Smh. Shameful, Blizzard!

But, you, Mr. Myst, kudos! Keep up the great work and thanks again!

1 Like

I didn’t get the gold badge for top 500 cheers :frowning: sounds like some other people have had the same issue.

Last stage there was a delay before the badge was issued. I will try to keep an eye on reports but I already have the badge from Stage 1 so I can’t test to verify.

1 Like

are player POV not for all access pass anymore for this stream? I can’t stream in player POV anymore

Hi there Raikensin, I am able to access the Command Center on desktop normally. Can you be more specific to your issues.

To everyone, I can confirm that tokens drops are working normally today.

Any word on stage 2 top 500 badges?

Not that I have seen, how many bits did you cheer in Stage 2? I ended around 422nd place with 3000 bits cheered last stage.

I honestly cant remember but i was rank 91 i think somewhere around 5k bits

I see. Is there any “Claim all rewards” button on the Overwatch League page waiting for you?

Nope i dont see anything at all…

Ya I was 84 or something in the 80’s and I didn’t get mine yet either.

So Twitter is the best place to keep up on these things? I feel like there’s news in a dozen different places these days and it’s hard to keep up with it all, I ALWAYS manage to miss something because it was announced somewhere I didn’t see.

I strongly recommend Twitter for all key announcements for Overwatch as they drop. I follow and turn on Mobile Notifications for the following channels:

@PlayOverwatch - For most game announcements and most non-Esports announcements
@OverwatchLeague - For Overwatch League and Overwatch World Cup announcements including any promotions for in-game items related to Overwatch League
@OWPathToPro - For announcements relating to Overwatch Contenders, Contenders Trials, and Open Division
@BlizzardCS - For alerts relating to technical issues that affect Overwatch
@Blizzard_Ent - For other Blizzard Announcements like BlizzCon

By turning on Mobile Notifications, I can be assured that I don’t miss a tweet and it makes a streamlined way to get news for Overwatch quickly and efficiently.

I also follow (but do not turn on mobile notifications) for each of the Overwatch League teams to keep up with news about each of the different teams.

Am I the only who is still upset about not being able to get the gray skins? if someone knows how to get them please reply thank you~!

These are not available in the 2019 season at this time. If any new promotions comes where you can earn the Overwatch League Gray skins, I will update the starting post of this thread.