Overwatch League Tokens

Last weekend I watched almost every Overwatch League match that took place from afternoon to evening on both Saturday and Sunday. I was signed in on the Overwatch League website. Pop-up and ad blockers were both turned off. My account is signed up for the U.S. which is where I live. I still have not received any Overwatch League tokens and it has been 4 days. Should I instead watch on the app?

1 Like

My girlfriend has been experiencing the same issue since the tokens first came back a few weekends ago. We found a way to potentially deal with it.

At the beginning of the match, click the drop-down over your name on the overwatch league website and select the account settings. This will link you to your blizzard account page, and if you select “connections” it will list the different consoles/games you have connected to your blizzard account.
At the very bottom there is a list of “authorized applications”. Remove the overwatch league page and select confirm. Then, go back to the overwatch league website and re-login. This will prompt you to give back the permissions for the authorized applications and hit confirm. This should have you logged in to receive your rewards.

We have had to do this at the beginning of every stream not before, but after it has begun and she seems to be getting her rewards now. Fingers crossed they get this fixed, but for the time being hopefully it will work for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it this weekend.

1 Like

Same issue from this last weekend. The page said I was logged in, but I didn’t receive any tokens for watching. I will try your suggestion @snickerpuss. Thank you.

ok thanks. good to know because i have watched over 18 hours of this and have been asking everywhere about it and know one knows. it may be because the severs have been getting overloaded. but i will try this and see if this does work

We tried this method again this morning for the asia region matches and she got nothing this time. It was a long segment too-- like 7 hours or something. I guess this isn’t as consistent as previously advertised. Hopefully you guys can get some value out of it, but apologies if it ends up being a letdown. Fingers crossed this gets sorted out soon.

1 Like

I managed to get tokens from Asian games this morning by having the main page and the “Live Now” scorecard on seperate tabs. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference, the problems are known and being reported.

For the people who tried is it working or not ?

Not tonight for me it seems, I’m hearing people are watching it on Microsoft Edge and are getting tokens. I haven’t received any tonight so far on Chrome with two tabs.

this is annoying i’ve been watching it for like 8 hours and no tokens
i’m gonna try on a other browser

Did not work for me today either. Reddit is getting a lot of posts saying to use the app on your phone and/or tablet because the website isn’t working anymore.

Edit: On the weekend I did receive tokens, I had used the app for some watching, and it now makes sense why I didn’t receive as many as I expected.

I got 5 tokens for some reason. I have a theory it’s to do with the refreshing of the score card to keep progress accurate but it’s too early for me to rant about it now. Will test the Asian games in same way as yesterday soon if I can.

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps?

I hope you guys will see it resolved in the next few days or more if these steps don’t work

1 Like

Oh I know these steps alright, I’m currently testing something with updated score cards this morning and Wyoming is aware of this theory and is testing things as well.
I think it’s got something to do with the score card not being automatically updated on the website but can’t confirm any drops until after the Asian games are over.

I have contacted support and they don’t have a solution apart from clear browsing data, try different browsers or try the mobile app. then it says to keep an eye on the forums as they have been getting a lot of messages about this. so hopefully they can do something about this.

Deleting the cookies from the site was the offical method from Blizzard to the forums this weekend.
Keeping scorecards updated was a theory to keep viewtime going and it’s gotten me the most tokens of any weekend since the May Melee.

Had the same problem this weekend, watched all late night games. No official word about using Opera Browser, so guess I’m out of luck on the new Zarya skin this week.

I would watch the matches anyways because I enjoy Overwatch, but the tokens were a nice incentive, but it’s insanely frustrating they have set up all these hoops to jump through just for 5 tokens an hour, especially since I believe I did my due diligence by following all the steps laid out on the Overwatch League page itself, and be specifically shown that I am logged in to receive rewards…