Overwatch League News - Regular Season Ended

Awesome write-up. I was hoping for a good compilation to check out for info!

1 Like

Bummed that 1.) They’re adding so many new teams for next season – going to really water down the player pool, and selfishly 2.) No team for Detroit.

well … lets say this.

a lot of ppl do not like the french. its a beautiful country but many say the people are not that nice. so i wont be surprised when eu people wont root for them.

I’m just waiting for Florida Mayhem to rebrand to cyan blue/hot pink colors. HURRY UP. We need our vaporwave Florida team.

(That or Runaways literally become their own team. Take your pick)

(edit: also, can we get the names of the teams already??)

1 Like

It is going to be an all Korean team, fam. I would not worry about that, as long as they get dank players, the people will support. Look at Shanghai Dragons, they probably have the biggest fan-base and nobody likes China.

2 Likes

well if they pick up players from all countries like fusion they have good chances to be liked… but all korean team. idk how ppl will like that

1 Like

HOLY COW!! Bendubz11 is not going to like this news.

So all the players than basically everyone wanted to watch will no longer be part of the team? The meme dream team is dead.

This mentioned by the Misfits (Florida Mayhem) CEO:

I don’t know if my icon has updated yet, but with those releases I have no reason to be a Mayhem fan anymore. Likely switching to one of Dallas, Glads and Philly.

To update your icon, switch your Player Icon in the game client, then log out and log back into the forums.

I care less about Zuppeh and Zebbo, but analysing where the other 4 might end up:

• Logix is a 50/50 shot of joining Houston. It’s either him or Mistakes. Whichever doesn’t get picked up will be picked up by someone I’m sure though. I’m not worried about his future.
  • Zappis and Manne are both OWL standard off-tanks. Zappis is more likely to be picked up by an expansion side because his performances in Incheon put him in the forefront of everybody’s mind. Manne I expect to join Dallas, because he’s more likely to slip through the expansion team net.
  • For Big Papa Cwoosh, I fear it might be back to Contenders. With iRemiix, Janus, Kalios, FCTFCTN, Miro and Wekeed all also on the free agency market, it’s not certain somebody will take a risk with him.

8 new teams being added to OWL next season. Insane.

i hold my hands together and pray…that minnesota gets one that way i can say i watch sports for my state

No new news today it seems. I will still observe that we need to keep an eye on the Los Angeles Valiant as there have been no roster changes announced from them as of late. We are also less than four days away from the end of the contract extension phase of the off-season.

There is a Coccocoach video, though–

https://twitter.com/InnerFlameLoL/status/1037624461460164609

Zappis from Florida Mayhem, did not take part in the first trial period because of OWWC. They do intend to give him a chance in a trial at a later time though.

The 8 new teams are now official!

Hangzhou, China
Guangzhou, China
Chengdu, China
Paris, France
Atlanta, USA
Washington DC, USA
Vancouver, Canada
Toronto, Canada

If they stick with Atlantic/Pacific then the definites are:

Atlantic
London
Paris
Florida
Atlanta
New York
Washington DC
Boston
Philly

Pacific
Seoul
Guangzhou
Shanghai
Chengdu
Hangzhou
Glads
Valla
San Fran

This would leave 2 spots in each division, for the Texan pair and Canadian pair. Geographically the split would be Vancouver and Houston/Dallas and Toronto, but the logical solution would be moving Dallas to the Atlantic and Vancouver to the Pacific, so we get the max amount of derby games per season