Overwatch League - BOS vs LAG, SFS vs VAN, & FLA vs WAS

is decay playing???

I got Washington 3-2. We’ll see.

I got Florida 3-1. Washington hasn’t demonstrated their ability to understand the current hero pool and metagame, however I believe Florida doesn’t have the means to do this perfectly.

Lol it is from Pizza Hut actually. Used my points for a free large.

The thread format to cover OWL games is new to me here.
I am used to seeing exclusive OWL threads.

Are all your OWL coverage threads going to be like this?

Consolidated?

For the threads Wyoming does, yes.

For my threads where Wyoming isn’t available, I’ll still do match by match.

Mainly went Washington to do something different to catch up on the pick em’. My APAC picks are killing me.

Just to say, without offending, I do not like the consolidation style of thread coverage.
It just feels…unspecial.

I like one match, two sets of fans ,

Two teams enter...

One team leave victorious. :muscle:

Understand, I started combining threads together because of a lack of participation in the discussion threads this year. I also have been a little busier with personal things than years prior and sometimes I am not ready to set up the next thread when the next match goes live.

Depending on how certain things in my life pan out in the next few weeks, I am considering on letting all of you take over the discussion threads. I am trying to go for something… “big” and things might change for me if they do.

2 Likes

Of course, go for your dreams Sir.

You are, in no way, obligated to create OWL coverage thread for us.

I just got used to seeing the brand name.
We have been all privileged to have witnessed and participated in your OWL coverage threads.

Maybe in the future someone may create a software template for easy creation of OWL coverage threads…

Enter the teams and other input variables; click “create thread”.

ok hes playing…3-2 washington

ngl I prefer GOATS over the meta they play

Wish they didnt have the hero bans

This meta is funny… :joy:

Just a bunch of B's...

Bullets, Beams, and BOMBS!
They should call it the Bee meta.
It plays fast…with all the B’s at their disposal.

Are they banning Echo next month? Because if they do, it probably won’t even matter when teams go back to playing Tracer. Bans won’t work if they’re only banning the best hero, then alternating with the second best.

Amazing how they always seem to contain Reapers ult in a Winston bubble.

Decay is a sicko. Those blossoms were crazy.

Nope. All heroes will be available for the Summer Showdown, then we’ll have a new set of bans for the Countdown Cup based on hero usage during the Summer Showdown. Note that as Tracer, Sombra, Rein, and Zenyatta have already been banned, they cannot be banned again.

I’m gonna make an early prediction and say Echo, Genji, D’Va, and Baptiste will be taking a late summer vacation a couple months from now.

In other news, the Justice take the first 2 maps and are now one map win away from at least beginning their attempt at a comeback story.

AFTER MAP 2 (Match 3)

Oasis (Control): Washington Justice 2, Florida Mayhem 0

Temple of Anubis (Assault): Washington Justice 2, Florida Mayhem 1

MATCH SCORE: Washington Justice 2, Florida Mayhem 0

NEXT UP: The second half of Mayhem vs. Justice. The Washington Justice are on MATCH POINT.

I see…
They have hero bans during the qualifiers to see if teams can adjust to the changes to win.

Then those teams that survive past the hero bans are qualified to enter the main event with no hero bans.

Am I right?

Nope. Hero bans will be in place for both June Joust qualifiers AND the June Joust tournament. Same for Countdown Cup qualifiers and tournament. Summer Showdown qualifiers and tournament will not see hero bans, though.

1 Like

Well I got the result right. Botched the score though. Thought Florida would take 2.