Overwatch League Rewards Guide - UPDATE on YouTube Platform Rewards Incentives

Looking at twitch chat, a lot of people haven’t been receiving tokens today, myself included.

Do we have any information on what’s actually causing these issues?

I don’t know the specific issues that delays tokens like this. I am fairly confident that any tokens owed are caught up within a reasonable amount of time (whether it be later today or start of the day tomorrow).

Tokens are starting to come in. I got 6 so far.

Same with me :slight_smile:

I see, thanks for the info, I really appreciate you taking your time to give us feedback!

TOKEN ADVISORY (Updated 5:39 PM)

Tokens are now starting to work again. Please note, you may see several drops in a short session throughout the remainder of the day!

Thanks for your patience again!

2 Likes

Hey it seems tokens are working for those who changed their country. Thanks for the help.

Yes that is correct, if you did change to valid country you can now start earning tokens (it was an issue that was resolved last week).

1 Like

Hi there Wyoming,

Can you see if there’s a hard cap on Tokens? I think you’re only allow to earn 18 > tokens per day even though the games were 7 hours without watchpoint > thanks.

I have not gotten an answer on this.

So I’ve been following this closely, and have confirmed that time starts EXACTLY at the scheduled time of the first match, and stops exactly 105 minutes after the SCHEDULED time of the last match. Meaning that each day, you can earn up to 18 tokens (6 hours worth).

I confirmed this by watching one day, waiting for a token, then watching another 50 mintues and stopping

Then watching exactly 105 minutes after the last scheduled time, and I got nothing. Then watched the next day 20 minutes before the end, and got a token.

The rules say:

Viewership hours will begin tracking upon commencement of the first Match for any given day and will stop tracking one hundred five (105) minutes upon commencement of the last Match for any such day.

But I think this refers to scheduled time.

At any rate, it seems very likely that 18 is the max you can get a day.

Don’t know if this belongs here or is even read by the ones that should read this, but I just have to get it out before smashing my controller:
Watching OWL on PS4 is a huge pain in the lower back. Twitch on PS4 Browser is buggy and laggy (on a 100mbit fibre to the home internet), I enter it from my Overwatch Game with my Playstation account and am not logged in to Twitch ( which has been connected to my blizzard account and amazon account) to collect any benefits from watching.
I can’t see anything for half the time, can’t enter full mode sometimes, and even if it runs smoothly, it’s delayed for at least 6 seconds to the OWL App. Why don’t I use the App then?
Not much fun watching your favourite sports event alone on your phone when you could instead watch it together with your wife on your 50" plasma.

So please if you want OWL to be successfull - despite the crappy watching times for central europe - at least get it straight up enjoyable to watch from right the place you game it. Both Twitch and PSN earn money on this and thats no way to perform.

It sounds like you have technical issues with the Twitch app and you are the first I have seen complain about the PS4 Twitch App. That beings said, please visit help.twitch.tv for technical support with Twitch’s apps. I only help with earning the Overwatch League token rewards in this thread.

Also it seems that using Opera doesn’t work to get tokens, and people should stick to Chrome. I was on chrome and got tokens, switched to Opera and got nothing, then switched back and I’m getting them again

I bought the all access pass but can’t claim my team emotes. Hi do I claim them.

Thank you for the report. I that helps me research possible issues with the rewards system.

1 Like

Log onto the desktop version of twitch.tv/overwatchleague while logged into your twitch account. There should be a prompt to specify your favorite team.

Have you tried through the PS4 browser?

I watch through my Xbox, using the Twitch app and agree it’s a much better view on a big TV from the comfort of a sofa.

This is strange, today I watched on live stream and earned 12 OWL tokens for 4 hours and later switched to twitch and never got a single drop after the switch and missed out 6 tokens, what is going on? Maybe i should not have switched to twitch. I only use Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Thank you I can now say that Justice is Served.

(This isn’t directed at you, so please don’t take any offense, as I really do appreciate this thread and all your sharing & caring.)

I’m aware we still have two more stages to go to see what kind of rewards may be or may not be available…

But IF they don’t release grey skins this year, I’m of the opinion that it would be a really crappy thing to do to the consumers of their All-Access Pass since last year’s more expensive Pass set the standard on what we should expect from Blizzard/OWL.

But we’re seeing unreleased grey skins for other characters (as well as last year’s skins) in OWL’s marketing on their Twitch Channel. It’d be downright deceptive to display those images, of duos in grey skins each week in the “Personal Challenges” section and also in the banner above the video feed, if it’s not Blizzard’s intent to make those skins available somehow.

I’m really hopeful we’ll see them pop up as actual rewards for the challenges since that’s where the images are primarily displayed. If not there, then I hope they give them all to us in a pack like they did the 12 Away Skins last year (and then made available to the general public…) But, at the least, I hope they appear in the OWL store in-game (in the OWL section currenty housing Lucio’s boombox emote) for purchase using tokens.

I’ve yet to be unhappy with Blizzard. I’m not a fan of the “nerf this/ buff that/ delete ability/ delete hero/ anti-lore/ anti-hero switching” crowd. I’m just tying to enjoy the game as the Devs have envisioned it. But to dangle a bunch of grey carrots under our noses, withholding them all season, and then NOT releasing them as they have led us to believe they will… THAT will make me extremely unhappy. Lol.

Anyway, I’m just venting. No ultimatums, no threats, no insults… just my opinion and perspective. But to be honest, I believe I’m the kind of person that if Blizzard indeed deceives me regarding the grey skins, I may have to re-evaluate them as a company and my relationship with them as a fan and consumer. Just saying.

Thanks for the ear.

1 Like

I did a few megacheers but I don’t have the EZ emote. What do I do?