Overwatch lacks new stuff

We need more new stuff. Since Ashe we didn’t got any big updade it’s like 3 months without any big uptade.

1 Like

We did just get 1 new skin, 1 new victory pose, 1 player icon, and 5 new sprays as part of the Overwatch Ana’s Bastet challenge mini-event. Make sure to check it out.

And don’t worry the Lunar New Year event is coming very soon!

1 Like

Devs keep hinting that there’s something that should make the wait worth it.

3 Likes

Let’s hope they’re right after all this secret talk.

The bastes skin is one of the best epic in the game. I only need one win to get it. I want something bigger, like change to ranked.
I’d like something that make my friends want to come and play. like Ashe release.

Event are fun but they lack new gamemode

2 Likes

thats bread crumbs tho

2 Likes
1 Like

Be sure to check out the recent streams by Emongg and Fran from the Overwatch Creator’s Residency where Jeff Kaplan has detailed about what they think of ranked and glimpses of what could be in store for us in the distant future.

2 Likes

Ya the game still feels outdated.

Well, we got bastet event thow.

Hoped for more crossover skins this year with the normal lootbox content update… sadly that wasn’t the case…

But we are in that time were we should get a new map, LNY is starting soon and a new hero releases about 6 weeks from now on the PTR… that said

• The PTR map update is late compaired to previous years
  • I don’t care for LNY myself because it’s the same gamemode and the skins are a miss for me for 2 years now… but it is nice for people who do like LNY

But the team has said that we would understand the lack of content when they release “that” this year (Don’t know what “that” is suppost to be honestly. We’ll just have to wait and see)

Hope for something truly crazy to explain the lack of content.

1 Like

They have said new gamemodes… I except atleast 3-5 new maps to play that gamemode on so… fingers crossed

But I can’t say if that’s 2019 content.

I"m still waiting on the Sombra skin to be released

Sombra already has tons of good skin. I want more d.va skin, it’s a shame HOTS has better d.va skin

I’m talking about her Blizzcon skin. It’s supposed to have been released in game this year. I assume it would have come with a crossover update, but there’s no word on any of that

Yeah In january last year we got a new map with ton of amazing new skin. This year nothing except an epic skin.

This may come off as a little harsh and I’m not trying to be rude to anyone here, but I think that those who keep asking for new stuff don’t really understand/appreciate the amount of depth the core Overwatch experience has to offer, or are burned out from playing too much without incorporating other activities in their lives.

I have close to 300 hours on 1 hero alone, other people have 1000+ on a single hero (I’ve been teaming up with someone else who has 1300 on Hanzo). I’m assuming the common thread is we find there is a lot to do with those heroes, given all the combination of team comps and map strategies that are possible. There is also a certain level of satisfaction from mastering our favorite playstyle, and pitting that up against 28 other characters’ playstyles… To me, it feels like Street Fighter x 10.

If you think about it, new players to Overwatch get a TON of content: Base Overwatch + refinements and 3 years of additional content. Lots of cosmetics, lots of social interactions and good teamwork opportunities (if they are simply sought out), etc…

So while new content has slowed down, the content we do have is still good and able to last players a long time as long as they are willing to crack open its shell and explore its depths a little bit.

That’s fun and all until your friend leave because they get bored. New big update keep the game fresh. I’m not talking about some cosmetic there but about gamemode, map and heroes