Overwatch keeps opening in windowed mode

My Overwatch keeps opening up in windowed mode, and although it’s not the worst bug in the world, it’s still really annoying to have to stop everything and reset it to fullscreen every time. Is this an ongoing bug?

2 Likes

I came here a few times to see if there are any answers to this issue.

Overwatch is the ONLY game affected by this bug.
Game starts in windowed mode every time.
Changing to full screen causes game to minimize. (basically alt tab out)
Re-opening the game after it minimizes causes it to minimize again until it randomly doesn’t minimize and then I can play it.

I’ve tried disabling everything with an overlay, closing every single non vital application. Restarting computer. Literally only have Overwatch running.

This issue only recently started happening. Perhaps a month or two ago.

If someone could confirm its a known issue or provide a fix, that would be great.

1 Like

Does it too me too about 50% of the time. THought it was just me.

Try deleting the following file:

[user name]/Documents/Overwatch/Settings/Settings_v0.ini

Please note this will wipe out your video and audio settings (but not your control settings).

1 Like

Hey all,

If this is a folder permission issue you may need to launch the App with the run as administrator option after deleting the file that WyomingMyst mentioned.

I tried what you suggested and for the first time in a while it opened as full screen and didn’t alt tab itself multiple times.

So far it works.

After playing a few games, I closed it and it started acting up again.

Please follow Eloemaz’s instructions then (click the white link in his post).

The issue still persists. Only for Overwatch.

Alright, try seeing if any other programs are interfering with Overwatch. A selective startup can help with this:

Is it still acting up for you? it is for me sadly :frowning: