Overwatch Keeps Crashing, Lagging Heavily in a Match (Repost)

So I’ve noticed that whenever special skin drops, like the Nano Cola D.va skin, or the OWL All Stars skins, that my game starts to crash randomly in the middle of big teamfights, lags heavily(which would sometimes lead to the screen to go back to the main menu and back into the match). Recently it started crashing a lot in the middle of matches. Any idea of what’s going on? I’ll send the DxDiag files.

please update your original thread, there’s no need for a duplicate post.

theres another problem nicole. so, after i put in the updates to windows and my driver, now my game is stuck at 40 fps.

make sure your graphics card power setting is on high performance (and make sure it is in Windows also). Also make sure it’s not using your integrated card.

how do i make sure its not using my integrated card? sorry, ive never handled with computers before…

not to mention the updates didnt help, but made my framerate worse. my game keeps lagging and crashing, which caused me to get a 30 minute ban.

Well, if your game is still lagging and crashing, stop playing Competitive… that should be obvious! The default card is selected in the nVidia Control Panel. But if you’re literally crashing it sounds like you have another problem going on with your system after all this, because it’s not Overwatch, and it might be time for someone to look at your physical hardware.

1 Like

I’m most likely gonna reset it to a previous backup, and see if that does anything. If it doesn’t work then I’m going to take it in for an inspection.