Overwatch, good game-low standards

So I opened this discussion because I love Overwatch and I want to see it thirve in the gaming world.

My idea is that Overwatch team should pay more attention on the current Overwatch community, and strive to bring more people in it and less on OWL but unfortunately that is not a case .

Thing that should be brought in Overwatch game are as follows:
-realized content through advancing and more interesting content; for example: PvE, social system (guilds, teams etc.)
-more things which you can buy with competative points (cosmetics, maybe just maybe lootboxes; I don’t like idea of microtransactions so…
-actual nerfs and buffs that people want through pols. For example, Blizzard releases Pol with their ideas for nerfs and buffs and people vote for that (if that already exists sorry for not knowing that)
-more cinematics and comics

And I personally think that Blizzard woud like to hear from more people about bringing new ideas to the Overwatch game and its community.

Thank you for reading my post :slight_smile: <3

To the first, Blizz have already said they regret adding gold weapons into the game because it incentivizes the wrong kind of people to play Competitive. To the Second I can only say absolutely ********* not. Letting the community decide balance would be the biggest crapstorm of all time.

9 Likes

If you want polls for balance changes how would you manage that?
Would it pop up when you launch the game?
Would only those who play a hero get to decide?
If not, could everyone?
If so, how would you stop trolling?

I really don’t know, I guess i like the idea of it, I’m just sugesting stuff xD

Patchnotes:

Latest poll voted to delete Genji, hero removed and all references deleted.

The True Patch notes:

• Removed Doomfist from Hero select
  • Removed Brigitte from Hero select
  • Removed Hanzo
  • Removed Genji
  • Tracer
  • Roadhog
  • D.va
  • Pharah is no longer playable on console
  • Mercy’s healing has been increased by 100%, and Resurrect now affects multiple allies in a radius.
2 Likes

The only problem OW has right now is it’s vocal community. The people who enjoy the game dont feel the need to sit around screaming about it like the people who will perpetually complain about a 1% change one way or the other.

The It would need to be mediated but the developers doing it themselves and or listenting to only the pro players show that isn’t working either.

D.va is a character with a shield that mostly covers herself has boosters and close ranged shotguns while saying aggressive things.

“D.va was never intended to harass people”

Nerfs her and changes her int a Dm bot.

“D.va defense matrix is smothering so we’re going to make her harass people, by blowing them up…with missiles while she melts just as fast without help.”

Genji player complains about having to prioritzes despite the pros being absolutely fine with mass rez originally when the game launched only issue at the time was that it charged a bit too fast in addition to smaller hero roster.

Otherwise absolutely no outcry about mass rez being bad for the game.

Mercy drops out of the mets really hard for a while then comes back and there are complaints from backline line harassers who counter her complaining about having to go through the effort of countering her.

Roadhog: “We don’t think one shot mechanics are okay” * Adds Doomfist*

Junkrat community complains about frequency of riptire they instead nerf damage.

Torbjorn had to wait nearly 3 years to become stable enough to be effective enough to be an actual tracer counter.

Meanwhile mcree has to deal with with tracers dancing outside his effective flashbang range and gunning him down anyway even though the devs said they want him to counter characters like genji and they said this at the time deflects hitbox was the size of a bus and had to wait 2 years before that hitbox was made understandably smaller so he wasn’t deflecting things from offscreen or through walls.

Brigittes existence in the as a tracer counter was uneccessary if they were willing to have worked with the characters they already had and allowed them to do their jobswith buffs that would have made them more effective at holding her still or making her speed less relevant which they could have solved with an effective range nerf on tracer so she actually has to come near mcree’s flash range to do reasonable damage.

Bastion is still considered a throw pick unless the the team builds around where begins to feel a tad ridiculous the more well protected he is and gets pocketed.

We have a stealth character that has to long way around to flank anyway because if she takes any damage sge becomes visible and loses stealth and her hack/ stealth is countered by people twirling like ballerinas and then when she is having a good game people claim she is no skill.

We currently have a doomfist with good durability lots of momentum and the ability to ko people instantly and can even dodge out of his ultimate after landing making him ridiculous to keep still long enough to do damage on him. He even crowd control abilities yet is nearly functionally immune to them due to how quick he can escape on top of oneshotting squishies he can also bust tanks while knocking them around.

I think its been made pretty clear the development team’s talents do not lie in balancing as at times it appears as if the designed by a different company and then they are just thrown into the game without rime or reason.

I would have expected a game with the concept of hero swapping to counter to have a dev team that has a flow chart of some kind or web to keep track of who Is supposed to be strong against who and then checking to see if what is on paper works in practice and working on any issues that makes said character weaker than should be against some heroe which warrants a buff or strong against heroes they are supposed to weak too which warrants a nerf.

Them going back and forth on what d.va was even supposed to be rang alarm bells that something unprofessional was happening behind the scenes.

Lacking in context. D.va had just received massive survivability buffs when they gave her an extra 100 health and DM had been changed from a cooldown to a resource ability. They changed her armour to health ratio so that she wasn’t as oppressive against DPS.

Look whilst Mercy 1.0 wasn’t OP to say that there wasn’t outcry about mass rez from either the community or the pro scene is flat out wrong.

This nerf was community requested. It was really stupid for Blizz to listen but this nerf was basically caused because people still couldn’t play around hook.

Brigitte was brought in to remove the incredibly oppressive dive meta that had caused the game to stagnate for ~9 months.

Easy. Say the Overwatch team has identified McCree as a balance issue. They come up with a bunch of things they think will fix the problem, and open up a poll on the forums containing the various options. People vote, and when the poll closes, you can a) take the result as-is, or b) add an additional weight to options picked by people who play McCree, as the people playing a hero tend to have a better insight into what makes them strong and therefore needs changing.

As long as you don’t make it an anything goes FFA, I think polling for balance suggestions is something that can actually work. And people will appreciate being involved in the balance decisions affecting their hero.

That would lead to people getting more angry.
If the devs chose, say mercy. And gives you the option between less healing and longer cast on rez. Some people would want a different change, some would want a buff instead, and some wouldn’t even care.

The actual true patch notes:

• Due to multiple request all heroes have been removed
1 Like

The Actual confirmed true secret alpha dev patch notes:

• Overwatch has been removed from the Blizzard Client, and all associated media has been deleted
1 Like

Rewardless comp isnt solution. Me as example, Im playing comp as better version of qp… I dont care about rank, playing it due to longer match time and less chaotic gameplay. If we had a reward for playing it, many peoples would actually care if the win oraz not. Dual edged sword.

That entirely depends on how disconnected the developer is from the player base.

A better dev team than what we have now wouldn’t have nerfed the ‘problem child’ while at the same time buffing the competition of said problem child, creating the current problem, where the problem child is still problematic, but now in the opposite way from where they started.

If the developers actually clocked decent play time on the heroes they’re trying to balance, you’d get suggestions that a hero’s player base can actually get behind, and the problems you just listed wouldn’t exist or to a lesser degree.

The problem with Mercy has never been that her healing was too strong. In fact, during a far slower meta than what we have now, Mercy’s healing was buffed to 60 HP/s because she couldn’t keep up. The game has only gotten faster since then, so nerfing the healing made no sense whatsoever, especially since the main source of problems, namely Valkyrie duplicating other heroes’ niches and abilities, wasn’t touched at all. And that’s ignoring the fundamental design issue of having an Ultimate forced into a normal ability slot (E-Rez).

Getting Golden Guns locked behind Competetive Points was a bad idea to begin with… we absolutely don’t need more incentive for people who don’t care about the competetive mode to go into the mode.

1 Like

There is no current problem.

You would get what they want, and not what people who are better or worse want.

Except for the fact that she had the easiest time healing in the game, and had too much healing compared to the other healers.

Polls would destroy game balance…

Claiming that Ana isn’t a must-pick or that Mercy is in a good spot is pretty delusional.

No, because people who play a hero tend to know what makes them tick, and are therefore better suited to suggest things that will achieve the goals without too negatively affecting the hero. Ergo, if the devs played the more contested heroes more, they’d come up with similar suggestions as to what a hero’s mains would suggest, and you’d have far less problems.

She’s a dedicated healer, who needs to sacrifice her healing to to anything else. Of course she’ll have an easy time. As for healing too much… given that Blizzard is already back-tracking, shows that’s not true, especially since her current kit contradicts pretty much Blizzard’s entire stated design philosophy for her.

That is an ana problem, not a mercy problem.

Based on the forums discussions around mercy, this is simply not true.

Then why is she more balanced after the nerf?