Overwatch freezes completely

lol i dont even have hyper threading but i do have the same problem

damn bro we almost have the same setup lol

Honestly, I dont think BLIZZARD will EVER fix this, the game is quite unplayable. Honestly dissapointing, after years I come back to the game and (I know its in “BETA” at the moment) is in this state, I find it very hard to believe that their ever going to fix this for “us”. But yeah, I got the same exact specs OP, but I’ve completely lost hope.

2 Likes

Вот вот, я её отключаю и вместо 120 фпс получаю 5-25 и практически всегда в замесах у меня 10 кадров в секунду!

1 Like

I fixed it with this command line --tank_WorkerThreadCount 4

go to battle.net (the launcher), next to play button go to settings → game settings → add command line and u paste that command line
(i have the same gpu)

У меня игру в библиотеке не показывает, так что это не поможет.

Luckily I have found a solution (at least for me) I just set the priority to realtime in task manager. But there are times that it stutters (I think its when its supposed to freeze or crash but setting it to realtime somehow prevents it? idk) I hope it works for you guys as well but yeah temporary solution for me since the game still stutters sometimes.

I’m having the same issue. It doesn’t seem relative to my internet or computer usage since it happens in the practice range. I’m also being penalized since it sees me as an early leaver. I want to enjoy this game.

That solution fix the error forever bro or just temporary?

Это тоже пальцем в небо, не у всех получается игру запустить через лаунчер, мне приходится запускать через exe файл, и игру не показывает в диспетчере задач, я уже замучался если честно проверять все эти способы. Жду с нетерпением когда разработчики вспомнят и о нас (о тех у кого игра вообще зависает).

Same here, I’ve tried anything but it keeps freezing, and since a lot of people are having the same issue I hope that’s a bug that they will fix soon.
I’ve bought Overwatch 1 many years ago and I could play without any problem, now I can’t play anymore, hope my money will not be thrown away :frowning:

I have been running into a similar issue, my screen will completely freeze and I will just stand still, my computer has the specs to run OW2 and my internet is pretty good but I still have continuous freezing and lag.

1 Like

Tbh I have no idea. All I know is that everytime I launch OW2 I need to set priority to realtime or else the game will freeze and crash midgame. Did it work for you as well?

Как достучаться до этих существ из BLIZZARD. Какого я должен получать штрафы, за зависания!!! Они выпустили игру бесплатно во всеобщий доступ, так ещё и накидывают штраф за бракованную игру! Это нельзя назвать игрой, тем более если оно не достовляет удовольствие, а причиняет ущерб.
Это относится к этой теме т.к. это про МЁРТВУЮ ИГРУ И ЗАВИСАНИЯ!

2 Likes

I have the same the same problem and i do not have dual-core or i3. Please fix this!!

Да мне кажется они как минимум год это не будут исправлять, для них важнее те кто покупал в игре что-то за реальные деньги и игровые баги.
А мы для них никто!

Same problem
My setup: Intel HD graphics 620
i7-7500
8GB
NVIDIA GeForce 930MX

same problem
i5-9400F
RTX2060
16GB

Same problem, sometimes still display “Render device was lost. Application closing” this is a old problem since beta…

Ancient actually. 10 months ago was the second to last post in this non-bug thread.

Please go to tech support and submit a ticket if you haven’t already. There was a known issue about this long ago, dunno if it still applies to you, but it also contains the info about what to do if it doesn’t.

1 Like