Overwatch for Mac. When?

Mac with 1 mouse button lulz

3 Likes

I mean a simple gaming PC that runs better than what Blizzard recommends you get to run OW is only $600-700 which is much cheaper than a lot of MacBooks that don’t even run games that well.

I have a macbook pro that gets smoking hot watching videos. I don’t think they can handle games. I use it for audio recording and production.

I fixed it by building a pc with a water cooled gpu. Now I can play lots of games and have nice looking graphics.

3 Likes

I use a Bootcamped macbook sometimes too lol its a struggle

2 Likes

Yeah I got a desktop awhile back. Big investment but totally worth it.

1 Like

We recently had a thread about running it on Linux. Since it runs there and macOS is essentially a UNIX system perhaps you can follow the same steps to get it to run on mac as well.

There are people using Linux for Overwatch. I hear you can with identical machine get better performance out of the linux os. There were also ban reports of linux users, I’m sure they got that cleared up.
This was around the time we all got the pursuit emails and the last aimbot banwave.
Wine and DXVK were the os getting auto banned.

You get better performance on some games, but not overwatch. I recorded this a few hours ago

This is the linux version that I got working with steam proton. Here I am keeping around 144fps which is good, but on windows i get over 250fps. Quite a big difference.

The issues with the banning have been sorted out and are no longer a problem.

Get a pc, macs were nerver built for gaming and if it can run you wont get even 60fps to play at optimally. You will place in bronze and complain on the forums dont do it.

Why would you buy it when it says Pc on the front? (If you bought a physical copy that is) I wouldn’t even want to game on a mac even if I could. Their parts are so expensive to replace if stuff goes bad.

1 Like

You can install windows on your mac if it’s powerful enough to play overwatch decently

Real talk my dude just invest in a proper PC or gaming laptop. Idk what your reason for having a Mac is but I hate my Mac and it felt so much better to have an actual computer to run things on. (Also maybe… do two seconds of research before you buy a game to see what it’s compatible with)

1 Like

Oh, in about…
looks at watch
5 minutes to never.

Yes, it plays most games just fine. All depends on your computer - Before building my pc last year, I used to play Overwatch and Guild Wars 2 on my 27inch refurbished iMac (2009?) without barely any hiccups.

OP; just get a version of windows and use Bootcamp - mac has native tools for using Windows and it will perform better than other options like Wine. I don’t think Blizzard will bother to release a version for Mac knowing that people that really want to buy it will simply choose that option. :tired_face:

Also, specify your specs in the future! Everyone is imagining different things when you say “Mac” - some versions will run it well, some won’t. I wouldn’t really try to play it on a macbook and newer macbooks/desktops seem to make it tougher to upgrade your own ram but from experience, my imac did the job well enough.

4 Likes

I play HOTS in Mac OS X without problems … I just installed Win10 with Bootcamp and now I can play OW in my Mac laptop

Mac doesn’t have the capacity to run games like OW.

1 Like

Here’s a guide:

1 Like

MAC ??? please sell this thing and buy proper PC!

But the real question is: when Overwatch for IBM Power, since getiing an Onyx2 and running OW on IRIX would be impossible

im pretty sure they talked about it being very hard to make the game for Macs, and as it stands they don’t feel the need to expend a lot of resources into making it happen