Overwatch drops fps after i ( Alt+tab ) or plays 5-6 matchs

Well i bought overwatch in 2018 the game was running smoothly with +60 fps 1080p with no fps drop no freezing ,
after some updates especially after summer update 2020 the game starts to drop fps / freeze for no reasons after playing some games or if i alt+tab to another thing
i searched and found out that i must upgrade my ram and have 8x8 gb dual channel ram and i did it , it fixed freezing for some other games as well ( fortnite , cod mw , apex , doom eternal , etc ) but same issue for overwatch , i run it at low settings 1080p
my config :
i5 4570
msi gtx 1050ti
16gb ram ddr3 ( 8x8 dual channel )
and a 120gb ssd 2tb hdd
iknow that my config is kinda old but normally according to the game requirements , there must be no freezing or fps drops , and i play with some games with more requirements smoothly and no fps drop , i only have this issue while playing overwatch
please help?

Sounds like the GPU driver might be crashing when you alt-tab. However, if it also happens when you don’t alt-tab, this could be related to another problem.

Can you add your DxDiag?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message post it on Pastebin.com. Provide the link here like this [pastebin.com/xxxxx](http://pastebin.com/xxxxx) in your reply.

https:(//)pastebin(.)com/Yd9seW8Z
remove the ()
i used it cuz im not allowed to post links in reply
thanks for your help

I don’t see any errors related to Overwatch, just Windows Explorer. I also noticed your GPU drivers are significantly out of date, so you may want to start there. Checking for overheating may also help.

sooo , what should i do??? should i install latest drivers ? also i checked my gpu temp , it’s not overheating or anything , just normal
and i tried many other games ( +20 games ) with higher requirements and no fps drop issue , only on overwatch

Yes, update the GPU drivers. Also manually check for any Windows updates.

thanks i’ll do that and try again

Edit : i did but the game still lags after alt+tab or after few matchs , ( no overheating issue , i installed latest gpu driver and checked all updates , still same issue )

Hey there,

I’m noticing explorer.exe sending apphang errors. This is basically the main UI for Windows. If Overwatch is set to full screen mode the computer has to re-render the desktop when using alt tab. This can often be resolved by setting the game to Windowed Borderless which will keep the desktop rendered while gaming. It can add a bit of stress to the GPU but a GTX 1050 TI should normally be able to handle both.

If Windows Borderless does not help to resolve the alt-tab issue, or the “after a few matches” bit, go ahead and submit a support ticket with an MSinfo attached. It will help our agents check for software issues and error reporting.

Cheers!

thanks for responding , well , borderless windowed won’t give me the performance i want for the game and makes a huge input lag and since overwatch is a fast fps game , fullscreen is the only way to play good with max performance, is there’s anyway to solve this ( desktop rendering ) issue without changing from fullscreen to borderless window?

Speedwagon,

Can you test it anyway to see if it fixes the issue when it’s active? If you end up having input lag with borderless windowed mode, that could indicate something about your desktop is performance inefficient - like using a browser with a ton of tabs or an animated background. If we can fix the freezes, we can shift our focus to the issues you see with input lag/performance but I’m unsure we can resolve the explorer hangs outside of having you go to Microsoft for potential help troubleshooting the explorer hangs.

If borderless windowed does fix things, that’s when we’d want to talk about other options, so let us know how it goes.