Overwatch disconnects my internet

For about three days straight, I have been randomly disconnected from my matches after it shows the red icon flashing and it throws me back into the menu or asks me to login again. It always starts with Overwatch, then after half a minute I get disconnected from Discord and then everything else. This only happens when playing Overwatch, any other online game I play works fine. After a minute or two I regain my internet connection. I called my ISP and they told me that there isn’t anything weird going on with my connection.

I ran a WinMTR test: pastebin(dot)com/jyc9hSdg

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using the mobile broadband version of Versatel? If so, it’s unlikely to be reliable enough to support Overwatch and doesn’t meet the system requirements.

If this is the landline version of Versatel, please follow the steps the staff provided for this issue in the pinned threads:

Hey Nicole,

I’m connected trough an Ethernet cable. My drivers are up to date. Already tried power cycling and bypassing a router isn’t an option. Are there no other possible solutions to this problem?

Okay, but are you using a mobile data router/hotspot or a landline cable version?

And no, not to my knowledge. The game client itself can’t issue commands to shut down your internet, so it’s likely one of the things they mentioned in the steps causing the issue, or the connection can’t support the game (mobile data).

It’s landline. I’ll try giving my ISP another call.

I have had this issue since the first Overwatch, it never used to happen but started earlier this year. I have good internet. My ISP even sent out an engineer and reset my line, gave me a new router. The ammout of things I have tried it, it’s unlikey to be on my end. I host game servers for other games and play other more demanding games with no issues what so ever… It is literally just Overwatch. I have done all the suggested fixes and have reinstalled/updated everything, including windows.

It happens so randomly. I enjoy playing comp but can’t due to fear of ban’s.

I have the same problem with Freebox Crystal.

It seems to appear at 12am,1am UTC. For 3 or 4 days now, internet crashes only when I play Overwatch.
My other devices : other computer and phone can connect fine but the PC running the game can’t solve and regain connection.

And I could play with no problems the previous week…

I have the same issue.
It’s been going for a while but only recently realized its only happening with Overwatch

1 Like