Overwatch Dev Post Archives & Overwatch 2 Facts & Beta Info

I’ve reposted legacy MMR/SR/Matchmaking posts at Legacy Forum Posts.

Sir, it’s Rio de JANEIRO.

2 Likes

Overwatch Materialization

There are no options for each player to materialize one player once for the players in the team. For each materialization the players selected characters changes style and gets certain improvements. This would be very helpful for the team to select a libero for the game and decide if one player has 5 materializations to become the ultra boss for the enemy team to defeat, and when a player chooses to materialize another player the player has to increase the ability cooldowns with 1 second.

By having using the game idea which is meant to be in the Overwatch gameplay, from what it seems and feels like. I suggest that this is applied to the game, for a merrier and greater time to play and battle against other players.

Kind Regards, Alex Stenberg. (ARUBA) :face_with_monocle:

Please, just remove aim assist. Controllers aren’t this terrible chunk of clunk anymore. We could contest mouse users of we were given a chance to actually improve, especially on a non-aim heavy game like Overwatch. Please just remove it so that everyone has the oppertunity to improve and get skillfull themselves.

Hello everyone! Long time catching up on this thread. First, I got all of the recent posts from Jeff Kaplan, Josh Noh, and Bill Warnecke throughout the month of January caught up (see below for the summary). Secondly, I think I have figured out how to recover all of the old forum posts from the Internet Archive even though the pages do not load correctly. I hope to have something completed by the end of this month if all goes well. Again I hope this archive is a great help to everyone!

Overwatch 2 Developer Responses

Competitive Play

HERO POOLS

HOW LEAVERS AFFECT COMPETITIVE MATCHES

Matchmaking | Role Queue

ROLE QUEUE

General Game Features

REQUESTED GAME FEATURES THAT ARE NOT LIKELY TO COME

OTHER GAME FEATURE RESPONSES

DEVELOPER VIDEO UPDATES

Public Test Region

Hero Design Balance

General Hero Balance

Reporting | Account Actions | Community Behavior

SMURF/ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS/BOOSTING/THROWING

Development Challenges

Development History

Overwatch Esports

Non-Game Related Posts

3 Likes

Alright everyone, I have some really good news regarding the Dev Post Archive.

I have just completed the first step of a major project toward this archive. As you know at the beginning of this year, the old Overwatch forums was closed. Now the Internet Archive has these posts documented but due to some weird error, the pages will not display properly. I can however go in and look up the HTML of those pages and I have figured out a system to extrapolate the key posts and place them in a dedicated HTML page (which for the time being is setup on my personal website).

This is going to take time to complete all of the posts, but I now have the Competitive and Matchmaking responses now online for access. I encourage anyone who has time to check them out and let me know if you find any errors or if the pages are not displaying properly. Here is a couple of screenshots of how the new archive pages look:

3 Likes

Activision is a publisher… not a developer… Activision ruining Blizzard atm with: max profit with minimum invest mentality… I hope they wont touch Overwatch let our Jeff daddy handle OW things… :slight_smile: we saw what happened to W3

1 Like

Today, I have built the pages for the old forum responses for the Quick Play/Arcade/Training section and the Seasonal Event section.

Won’t have time to work on this tomorrow, but I hope to tackle the massive “General Game Features” section on Monday.

I have a question: We’ve been told OW1 cosmetics we’ve earned will carry over to OW2, but can we earn OW1 cosmetics in OW2?

That has yet to be revealed. Until we get any information, I am recommending all players to make every effort to collect all possible items as soon as possible.

4 Likes

I suspected as much. Tyvm for the quick answer anyhow!

• There will be at least one new hero releasing before the release of Overwatch 2.

I think it’s time for this to be edited

I am very behind on many tasks. This is now inaccurate yes.

Whew! A lot of work had to be done, but all developer posts from February, March, and April are now caught up and added to the Archive. This week alone was probably the most active the development team has ever been since launch (and that is a good thing).

I also have more posts recovered from the old forums, now covering the general game responses section. In addition, due to the increased amount of content relating to new subjects like Hero Pools, Experimental Play, and the Workshop, I have created several new sections and sub sections for reference. This also means I had to build a fifth directory section post (as I was hitting a few character limits on some posts).

3 Likes

For today’s update, the old forum posts related to Consoles and the Public Test Region are now recovered. The most important posts from this section was the discussion about the Overwatch Team’s stance on Mouse and Keyboard on console, which sadly has not been followed up on in over two years since.

I estimate that I am about half way done with the recovery project overall. Reporting/Account Action information posts are coming up next.

Will Overwatch 2 allow split-screen co-op for PvE? I’m asking because Activision supports it for their CoD titles (Zombies specifically) so I don’t see why it can’t be possible for OW2’s co-op. I really want to play with my siblings :sob:

[Console Specifically]

Hey there, I don’t think they have any plans for this. In the past, Jeff Kaplan has responded saying this is something they don’t have on their list of desired features for the game.

Split Screen Response #1 - Old Forum Archives

Split Screen Response #2 - Old Forum Archives

Dang, even for PvE? I can understand PvP from a technical standpoint but I don’t see why it shouldn’t be allowed for PvE :frowning:

Never say never, but I would not anticipate any form of split screen when OW2 releases.

Unfortunately that is a speculation (though a very logical one), that being said I am personally speculating a multi-faced storymode (something like that of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 where there are multiple different campaigns).