Overwatch crossplay server disaster!

I’ve been playing Overwatch since launch day on Xbox. In 2016 ping was 33 MS & gradually got worse. Now in 2021 with the implementation of crossplay 76 MS. I have 400 megabits down & 10 up. I realise this has no bearing on latency, but still…!

I’ve been talking to people onling that say they are being kick from competitive matches… if this happening to you post your rant…

In 2018 they combined ping and RTT into one stat called Latency (LAT). That accounted for a 10-20ms ping increase, but had no actual change on gameplay. More info is in the post I linked.

That sounds very normal. Anyone in North America can land on the Los Angeles or Chicago servers. If you’re on the East Coast it’s easy to see ping from the mid-70s to low 80s in milliseconds. Blizzard has no control over player availability, so you get matched with people queuing for the same roles or ranks as you, depending on mode.

I do not recommend doing that. Developers are not monitoring this forum for feedback, no matter the type. Instead, you could start a thread about this in #general-discussion. Try to focus on constructive criticism and limit the ranting approach. Rants rarely lead to meaningful discussion or change.