Overwatch crashing when leaving a match

Every time I launch Overwatch, there’s a good chance the game will crash whenever I exit to the main menu during a match. This makes the While You Wait feature more or less useless when queuing for Competitive Play because there isn’t enough time to rejoin a match due to the game-exit crash I have just described. The game may also crash at the main menu directly after launching, or when viewing the highlights menu.

I have an RX 5700 XT and 20.2.1 (the latest) drivers from AMD. Every time this happens I receive the # BLZOWCLI00000004 error code, which instructs me to update my video drivers; however, I have the latest edition of Radeon Software. This sort of crash started to occur when AMD updated the look and UI of their software in mid-December.

Please help! Thank you.

Same exact issue here. Have a 5700 XT 20.2.1 and many versions prior. Actually I believe it started to happen on the 20 series drivers I think.
I have the latest drivers, did clean install and driver removal in safe mode.

1 Like

Thanks for your reports here! We’re seeing this for Overwatch and World of WarCraft for the RX 5700 cards in particular. This happens with any drivers above 19.12.3, including the 2020 Adrenalin drivers.

Rolling back the drivers to 19.11.1 has been confirmed to work around the issue. Some have found success with going through the custom install for the driver and removing the Radeon Software during the install and only installing the drivers.

As another potential workaround, if this may work with the 20.2.1 drivers, there’s gaming settings in the Radeon Software. Does disabling all of the Gaming settings by chance fix this issue? You may want to check that the Anti-Lag hot key and Chill Hotkeys are set to something that are not commonly used.

Here’s the main thread regarding this issue.

I have disabled all Radeon features for Overwatch specifically, and the game still crashes.

Thanks for the update, EricPyle! The driver rollback to 19.11.1 has been the consistent workaround for the RX 5700 cards. We’re tracking the issue in the mean time since there’s been a multitude of other issues with the Adrenalin drivers that we’re looking into!