Overwatch Crashing PC

I had a crash today as well. I had to restart my PC to fix it.

2 Likes

It’s truly frustrating:/

Happened to a guy I queued with last night.

He couldn’t even end it via Task Manager.

We could still hear him in the voice channel until he did a hard shutdown on the computer.

Maybe it’s a video card issue again. I know a few months back Overwatch didn’t like AMD cards that much and would crash randomly.

2 Likes

I’ve been making a list of all the posts I can find with these issues. It’s affecting a lot of people. If you have any information about your system specs and what you were doing when it happened it would be really helpful if you could post them here:

2 Likes

Yep, task manager didn’t work

1 Like

keep doing the Lord’s work, my boy.

2 Likes

Uploaded my specs to your post, along with map and mode!

Thanks! I just noticed that there were posts everywhere about it. I’m sure it’s like this with all the bugs they have to fix, but hopefully this will help the devs if everything’s in (mostly) one place.

also I want to add that everyone who posted in the thread Bitty made so far is using an Nvidia card.

I’m not sure what my friend was using, but he is using a gaming laptop and I’m almost sure that most gaming laptops have Nvidia GPUs.

I use an RX 480 in this computer and thus far have not experienced this issue.
I sometimes use my other computer which has a GTX 1070, but I haven’t played OW on it since the patch.

I’ll keep this bug in mind and if I come across it from anyone else I’ll try to get info.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna go ahead and put that quote in my thread, it could very well be an Nvidia issue.

2 Likes

It’s possible.

Or it could be just that everyone posting has Nvidia since AMD has like no market share right now.

This same error happened to me in my last two comp games. Lost 100 SR and received a 30 minutes suspension. Beyond frustrating. Quick play runs perfectly fine. Another thing to note is that my audio still works so I could still hear and communicate with my team in game and in discord when this happened. I just got a brand new computer so I’m glad it’s not that. I also have an NVIDIA GTX 1070

I hope we can atleast be compensated for the SR loss.

Hopefully. Mine was actually in QP, so I haven’t played competitive due to the crashing

Keep up the good work mate

1 Like

If anyone is still having issues, please take a look at this thread. We’ve made some progress on the issue, but it would help greatly if you could submit your dxdiags, msinfo (instructions how are in the thread), and personal experiences.

A customer support agent has been actively monitoring the thread and has an email where you can directly message them all the info I listed above. The very top of the thread has the most current and relative info.

If you’ve already done all of this, thank you so much!

I’m spreading the link to anyone I see :slight_smile:

happend to me too

Happened to me last night.

Similarly to what others have said, the process could not even be ended through the task manager.

I still had game audio/comms but the game went blackscreen.

I have never had issues running OW on my rig, in fact, I often praise OW for being one of the best running games I play.

I have heard the usual run around about drivers, and supposedly windowed mode may help some; but still no real solutions.

First Brig and now this, are they trying to kill there game?

I’ve been having this exact issue ever since I purchased the game, and I think the source of the problem for me was the GeForce in game overlay. Since a lot of the other people having this problem use Nvidia cards like me, I think it’s a solution worth trying. Open GeForce Experience, go into settings, and disable in game overlay.