Overwatch Crashes at Launch

Yesterday, I got into a game, and about halfway through it crashed, giving me an error. Now, I can no longer even launch Overwatch without it crashing and giving me a pop up error:

BF24004E-2DB0-4556-A352-05E78237D8A3

My drivers are updated, my computer is not overheating, and I have tried the other solutions on the forums. I am unsure of how to proceed.

1 Like

With any PC-related tech issue, please include a DxDiag if you’d like members of the community to help you troubleshoot.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Reboot your PC
  2. Only open the game and play until you experience the issue.
  3. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  4. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  5. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

Hey, PastelGhost!

We have recently been tracking a trend. If you wouldn’t mind testing out something. Temporarily uninstall Avast and let us know if the crashes stop: Avast Removal Tool | Download Avast Clear | Avast

Okay, I’ll try that as soon as I can and get back to you. Sorry for the extremely delayed reply.

Hey there PastelGhost,

If that does not work, then please do get us the DxDiag. We hate to see you out of game for so long.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

/Nathardrick

Here are the numbers/letters after the .com t8c5meLC

Also, the game now freezes, and I’m not sure how to save the DxDiag when the game is running and then WHEN it experiences the crash since I’m pretty sure the DxDiag gets wiped when I have to manually shut down my computer.

Hey there PastelGhost,

Thanks for getting back to us with this DxDiag. It let me see a few things here. I first checked the crashes and see the video driver crashing all the time. This means updating the driver is the best option.

With that said, it looks like the driver may have never been updated for this computer. What I would want to do here is have you do a clean install of the new driver to be safe.

This can be done by using the custom install feature for the driver listed below.

The Video driver for this system.

This should get you working my friend. Please let us know if you run in to any more problems!

/Nathardrick

Okay, thank you so much! I’ll get back to you if it’s still unresolved after this. :^)

Hello, sad to say that did not fix it. Here is another paste if you need it. 67947r9F