Overwatch Crashes after hitting Play

Here are the remaining errors that I trimmed out of the initial MSInfo Pastebin file

Errors part 1
Errors part 2
Errors part 3

Okay, there is a new error spotted for the Windows Game Bar/Xbox Overlay. Please turn those off in the Control Panel or uninstall the latter if it isn’t relevant to your setup.

I wasn’t able to locate anything by those names in the Control Panel, however, by navigating: Windows button+X >> Settings >> Xbox Game Bar, I was able to turn off the gamebar, however, that did not work =( .

Also I also uninstalled my Logitech camera software and deleted the files in that Video directory you mentioned. Sadly, OW still crashes on launch =( .

Have you opened the Windows Reliability Monitor after a crash? Sometimes it will tell you what’s happening. This problem is almost always caused a third-party software, so it has to be something installed on the machine.

I ran it, but I’m not sure I can make much sense from what it’s showing me aside from the fact the program is crashing. Is the below helpful information?

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch_retail_\Overwatch.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Overwatch.exe
Application Version: 1.59.1.15874
Application Timestamp: 60776f44
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.964
Fault Module Timestamp: bd2c3c23
Exception Code: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0000000000102346
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1abe
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 1abe
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: caae24c555091a7b5e2fbab48111f597 (2175162429465556375)

Yeah I was seeing a lot of ntdll.dll errors in your previous reports. It’s a system file that you either need to replace, repair, or check for compatibility. I found a site that has some useful steps for correcting this.

::sigh:: … for a moment, this seemed like it could be promising. Sadly, the #1 fix presented in that thread was to restore the ntdll.dll file, however, the client capable of doing so safely that’s presented in that thread has been discontinued. The .exe won’t even run. Of those 9 “fixes” only #1 and #8 (restore/replace the dll) are things I haven’t tried or don’t already know the answer to… Do you know of a safe way to go about that, that’s still supported… if I mess up that DLL somehow on my own, Windows won’t work anymore.

You could try Restoro instead. We are navigating beyond stuff normally supported here, since it now seems like this is an issue with the operating system and not the Overwatch client.