Overwatch Contenders / League 2023 Schedule - (Ended)

I think the reason they went with youtube as opposed to twitch is because the way twitch drops work isn’t really what the league tokens follow. Twitch drops are really more meant for singular items that you get after set times. OWL tokens are infinitely accumulating and automatically claimed every hour

With that said youtube should fix everything up and at least add a progress bar or something because it’s way too hard to tell what’s going on

I received 25 tokens from the Day 3 West broadcast which brings my total to 110 for the weekend, which seems to track with PowerPlay’s totals but I missed an hour and change of the Day 2 East broadcast.

Only confirmed rewards are as follows:

June 9-12 Contenders Genji skins for Contenders EMEA & NA Spring
Series Finals

June 16-18 OWL Midseason Madness tournament - 4 Player Icons & 1 Name Card

3 Likes

Interesting! Where do you see the stuff for midseason madness? mine still says “rewards for the Midseason Madness Global Tournament will be shared at a later date”

The Official rules link in the guide lists the upcoming rewards and their watch time requirements.

I am having trouble finding this, only seeing last year’s

It’s near the top, or CTRL+F ‘Official rules’ if you’re still not seing it.

1 Like

There will be Contender’s drop eligible broadcast tonight at 11pm PT for the WDG Open Tournament Finals.

It’ll most likely be exclusive to the Korean channels and there won’t be an English co-stream.

1 Like

Stream is live:

The first 2 matches are First to 2 and the Grand Final is First to 3 so don’t expect too much time for the rewards.
Edit: Hmm, double checking liquipedia for the previous Spring tournament and all three matches will likely be First to 3 instead.

I just got 20 OWL tokens upon logging in, so these are definitely from East last week day 1 of the weekend. Also, the drops mentioned above are the collegiate spray, classic reaper, ow2 lucio right?

I’m just waiting for the genji OW2 skins to start.

Same thing happened to me, and that’s also my assumption.

Yes, per PoppaBear’s message, emphasis mine:

The Genji-eligible broadcasts are the Finals broadcasts on June 9-10 for NA/EU and June 10-11 for APAC.

How many tokens did everyone get from this past weekend? Was in Miami for a few days but managed to get a lot… went from 2437 to 2572 (135 tokens). I easily must’ve missed another 50 with Sundays encore too…

Curious what the total was including Sundays encore of the SPG Dallas match.

My count is the following:
5/19 - 4.75 hours (West), yielded 25 tokens with residual minutes from last week
5/20 - 12 hours (6.5 East, 5.5 West) yielded 55 tokens, probably minutes shy of another 5.
5/21 - 13.25 hours (7.75 East, 5.5 West) yielded 70 tokens, making up the 5 tokens from 5/20.

Total - 150 Tokens for 30 hours of viewership

I did not see anything regarding an encore presentation except for this tweet that explicitly noted that tokens were not earnable (not to mention it was just a replay video, not “LIVE”): https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1660315311332118528

1 Like

Wow I did really well to only miss 15 tokens.

I didn’t write down a total, but each day I looked at my gains and I think I have all that could be earned over the weekend.

Uh… Why did this get pinned all of a sudden?

3 Likes

Not sure as to why now, but the top post in this thread has a lot of useful information regarding OWL/Contenders scheduling, viewership incentives, and troubleshooting.

Craig, who also gave the 2022 thread his blessing is the one who pinned this.

1 Like

Huh. Guess now I have to BRING IT.

Cause it should be honestly

1 Like

awesome, congratulations :slight_smile: