Overwatch Contenders / League 2023 Schedule - (Ended)

Spring has sprung, and with it the return of Overwatch Contenders matches with skin rewards. Similiar to last year, this thread’s primary focus will be covering the limited schedules of Overwatch Contenders and Overwatch League watch events that have either skin or other unique drop rewards.

Overwatch Contenders rewards have switched to Twitch.

Overwatch League rewards, however, continues on with YouTube for the 2023 season.

The Overwatch Contenders page doesn’t automatically adjust schedules to your local time zone so I make use of the forums nifty time zone conversion feature to do the heavy lifting.

Standard Disclaimer : I’m not a Blizz employee, just doing this schedule converting thing in my free time so you don’t have to.

Overwatch Contenders (Path to Pro) - 2023 Season

Overwatch Contenders Skin Reward Campaign History (October 2020 - December 2023)

The following Overwatch heroes have had their Contenders Home and Away skins made available to players by watching live streams of Overwatch Contenders matches.

Campaign Timeframe Skin Reward 1 Required Watch Time (Hrs) Skin Reward 2 Required Watch Time (Hrs)
October 2020 Symmetra (OW1) 2 7 Mercy (OW1) 2 15
November 2020 Lucio (OW1) 7 Torbjörn (OW1) 15
December 2020 Zenyatta (OW1) 7 Junkrat (OW1) 15
March 2021 Bastion (OW1) 3 3 Reinhardt (OW1) 3 10
April 2021 Echo (OW1) 7 Brigitte (OW1) 15
May 2021 Baptiste (OW1) 5 Doomfist (OW1) 10
June 2021 Sombra (OW1) 5 Zarya (OW1) 10
July 2021 Roadhog (OW1) 5 Widowmaker (OW1) 10
August 2021 Orisa (OW1) 5 Ashe (OW1) 10
September 2021 Pharah (OW1) 5 Ana (OW1) 10
October 2021 Mei (OW1) 5 Winston (OW1) 10
July 13 - August 7 2022 Tracer (OW1) 5 Wrecking Ball (OW1) 10
August 17 - October 27 2022 Sigma (OW1) 5 Moira (OW1) 10
November 7th - December 16th 2022 Soldier:76 (OW1) 5 D.Va (OW1) 10
December 12 - December 22 2022 Cassidy (OW1) 5 Hanzo (OW1) 10
April 11 - June 2 2023 Reaper (OW1) 4 Lucio (OW2) 8
June 9 - June 12 2023 Genji (OW2) 2 N/A N/A
June 14 - August 29 2023 Torbjörn (OW2) 4 Junker Queen 8
August 29, October 4 - 8 2023 Mercy (OW2) 2 N/A N/A
August 30 - September 28 2023, October 14 - 22 2023 Hanzo (OW2) 4 Kiriko 8
December 4 - December 10 2023 Moira (OW2) 4 Pharah (OW2) 8
December 15 - December 17 2023 Junkrat (OW2) 4 Ramattra 8

Notes:
  1. Genji's OW1 Contenders skins are granted to new and existing players the first time they log in to the Overwatch client on or after October 15th 2020. No stream watch time is required. This offer debuted Overwatch 1 and has continued into Overwatch 2. No end date for this offer has ever been specified and thus it is considered to be ongoing.
  2. Later during the month of October 2020, Contenders stream watch time failed to be registered for many users, preventing them from successfully earning the Symmetra and Mercy OW1 Contenders skins. Due to the issue, a second opportunity was granted for users in the month of December 2020; in addition to that months' drop offerings of Zenyatta OW1 skins (7 hours) and Junkrat OW1 skins (15 hours) users could unlock Symmetra's OW1 Contenders skins by watching 18 hours and Mercy's OW1 Contenders skins by watchning 20 hours of OWC streams
  3. Early during the month of March 2021, stream watch time failed to be registered for all users for the early broadcasts. Due to the issue, required watch hours were reduced from 7 to 3 hours for the Bastion OW1 Contenders skins, and 15 to 10 hours for Reinhardt OW1 Contenders skins.
  4. Starting with the Contenders spring season in April 2023, Contenders drop reward campaigns switched from YouTube.com to Twitch.tv. Users can continue to watch matches on Contenders YouTube channel, but they can no longer earn Contenders drop rewards by doing so.

Blizzard's Twitch FAQ / Troubleshooting

Q. How do I link my battle.net and Twitch account?

A. Sign into your Battle.net account and check the connections section and click the Connect link for Twitch, then follow the instructions to sign-in and link your Twitch account to Battle.net.

Q. What devices can I use to earn and claim drops?

A. You can earn and claim drops using your PC/Mac web browser or on the Twitch app for Android or iOS. Twitch apps on game consoles, smart TVs, and other TV apps do not support drops.

Q. Will I receive my drop rewards in-game automatically?

A. No. You must claim the drop on the channel you’re watching or in the Drops Inventory menu on Twitch.

Q. Do I need to have heroes unlocked to receive the drops for that hero?

A. You do not need to have the hero unlocked to receive the drops, but you will not be able to access that cosmetic content until you unlock the applicable hero.

Q. Do Twitch Drop rewards expire?

A. Earned Twitch Drop rewards will expire seven days after they’ve been claimed if a Battle.net account has not been linked.

Q. As a streamer, how do I get Twitch Drops on my channel?

A. All you need to do is make sure your Twitch and Battle.net accounts are linked, and that you’re opted into Drops (see Drops Streamer Home).

Q. What regions are eligible for these Twitch Drops?

A. Participating regions include North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand.

Overwatch League - 2023 Season (ENDED)

Overwatch League Skin Release Archive (October 2020 - October 2023)
Event Skin Earned
October 2020 - Grand Finals Tracer
May 2021 - May Melee Ana
June 2021 - June Joust Mercy
July 2021 - Summer Showdown D.Va
August 2021 - Countdown Cup Zenyatta
September 2021 - Playoffs (3 hrs watched) Reinhardt, Soldier: 76, Torbjörn
September 2021 - Playoffs (6 hrs watched) Junkrat, Roadhog, Sombra
September 2021 - Playoffs (9 hrs watched) Doomfist, Hanzo, Cassidy (McCree)
September 2021 - Grand Finals (1 hr watched) Orisa, Pharah, and Symmetra
September 2021 - Grand Finals (2 hrs watched) Genji, Moira, Reaper
June 2022 - Kickoff Clash Winston
July 2022 - Midseason Madness Widowmaker
September 2022 - Summer Showdown Lucio
October 2022 - Countdown Cup Zarya
October 2022 - Playoffs (3 hrs watched) Tracer, Genji, Bastion
October 2022 - Playoffs (6 hrs watched) Mercy, Mei, Hanzo
October 2022 - Playoffs (9 hrs watched) Ana, Brigitte, Zenyatta
October 2022 - Playoffs (12 hrs watched) Wrecking Ball, D.Va, Ashe
October 2022 - Playoffs (15 hrs watched) Cassidy, Pharah, Echo
October 2022 - Playoffs (18 hrs watched) Roadhog, Baptiste, Sigma
October 2022 - Playoffs (21 hrs watched) Soldier: 76, Orisa, Reinhardt, Sombra
October 2022 - Playoffs (24 hrs watched) Symmetra, Torbjörn, Doomfist
October 2022 - Playoffs (27 hrs watched) Lucio, Reaper, Junkrat, Moira
October 2022 - Playoffs (30 hrs watched) Zarya, Widowmaker, Winston
November 2022 - Grand Finals (1 hr watched) Sojourn
November 2022 - Grand Finals (2 hrs watched) Junker Queen, Kiriko
April 2023 - June 2023 - Spring Stage Orisa (OW2), Genji (OW2)
June 15 - June 17 2023 - Midseason Madness Ramattra
July - September 2023 - Summer Stage Widowmaker (OW2), D.Va (OW2)
September 2023 - Pick'Ems (Submit OWL 2023 Playoffs Bracket) Symmetra (OW2)
September 2023 - Playoffs (6 hrs watched) Ashe (OW2), Zen (OW2), Sigma (OW2)
September 2023 - Playoffs (12 hrs watched) Hanzo (OW2), Reinhardt (OW2), Ana (OW2)
September 2023 - Playoffs (12 hrs watched) Mercy (OW2), Doom (OW2), Sombra (OW2)
October 2023 - Grand Finals (4 hrs watched) Lifeweaver, Reaper (OW2)
October 2023 - Grand Finals (6 hrs watched) Illari
October 2023 - Grand Finals (OWL website login) Tracer (OW2)

Blizzard YouTube Rewards Troubleshooting

Before going through these steps, be sure to any recent replies in this thread. Also, be sure to check for any tweets from @OverwatchLeague or @BlizzardCS. If there are any issues affecting a majority of viewers from earning rewards it will be detailed in one of those places.

Perform the following steps in order to see if you can correct any possible errors. Remember to check the Overwatch Game Client to see if you earned the rewards in the hero gallery. Any earned spray or skin drops will have no in-game notification or show the :new icon for the items indicated once they are earned.

1. Please verify that you are eligible to earn any or all of the Overwatch League Rewards. [Only users from certain eligible countries are eligible (check the rules link on the Overwatch League page. As a general rule, all countries where Blizzard allows game accounts to be created are eligible with few exceptions. China is not eligible for this promotion and should check for alternative promotions with NetEase. Japan cannot earn OWL tokens but can earn non-currency rewards like sprays or skins. Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Crimea, and Syria, and other countries where restricted or prohibited by law are not eligible for any Blizzard streaming reward Promotion.
  2. Check for Blizzard account actions. If you are silenced or suspended from Overwatch, you must wait until that account action has resolved. (Please note, suspensions or bans from Competitive Play due to leaver violations do not count toward this.)
  3. Verify your Blizzard Account is signed in or linked. If you are watching YouTube or the YouTube mobile app, make sure you are signed in to your Google / YouTube account and that account is linked to your BattleNet account on your YouTube connections page youtube.com account_sharing.
  4. Verify your permissions. Check on your Blizzard Account Connections Page
    to see if you have all necessary permissions enabled for Google. If they are missing, revoke the access, then return to youtube.com and sign back in, and grant all permissions.
  5. Check your console account link. If you are a console player, verify that your BattleNet account is linked with your Console Account on your Blizzard Account Connections.
  6. Clear web-cookies Try clearing out your web browser cookies or other cache files (remember to sign back into youtube.com on the web browser).
    a. Right-click the :lock: icon next to the URL of the website.
    b. Click Cookies
    c. A list of web cookies will be shown, click each cookie and select remove
    d. Press Ctrl+F5 to do a hard refresh of the page
    e. Sign back into overwatchleague with your Blizzard Account and approve all permissions again
  7. Disable all All-Blockers If you use any Adblocking plugins or software, please disable it entirely for the duration of the broadcast (don’t just provide an exemption to the site).
  8. Make sure that your streaming page is not muted For Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browsers, open a tab and navigate to overwatchleague or youtube then right-click the tab of the site on the title bar of the window, in the pop-up menu, if it says “Unmute Site” click it to unmute the site. Instructions may vary with other web browsers.
  9. Check for notification blocks. Make sure that youtube is not blocked for notifications on your web browser.
  10. Try watching the stream on a different web browser. The most recommended options are Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Internet Explorer (this is a legacy web browser recommended for viewing out-of-date websites on Windows computers) will not work.
  11. Watch direct app devices only. If watching on Google Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, any video game console app, or any other TV casting device, turn off that casting and watch directly from your smart device or computer. These devices will NOT work with earning tokens.

Overwatch World Cup 2023 (ENDED)

Overwatch World Cup Skin Release Archive (July - November 2023)
Campaign Timeframe Skin Reward Required Watch Time (Hrs)
June 18 - July 1 2023 Winston 8
June 18 - July 1 2023 Wrecking Ball 12
June 18 - July 1 2023 Zenyatta 16
June 18 - July 1 2023 Ramattra 20
October 29 - October 31 2023 Orisa 7
October 29 - October 31 2023 Pharah 14
October 31 - November 2 2023 Echo 7
October 31 - November 2 2023 Zarya 14
November 3 - November 5 2023 Ana 4.5
November 3 - November 5 2023 Bastion 9
November 3 - November 5 2023 Doomfist 13.5
76 Likes

Great job with these megathreads!! Helps lots of people get skins that otherwise wouldn’t have.

12 Likes

How do we get the Musical Pachimari spray? I got emailed a code from the OWL for Pachimari LP but now with the s4 update I see musical pachimari (a separate spray) locked.

3 Likes

Could be a separate upcoming promo?

3 Likes

Thanks for doing this.
Probably won’t watch, as its in a finicky time for me, but great job at doing this for the community.

2 Likes

Good stuff with the post!

2 Likes

Thank you kind sir for these threads.

2 Likes

t-minus 20
stream has started in countdown mode on twitch & youtube

EDIT: currently no drops indicator on twitch, no active Overwatch campaign listed in drops section, twitch stream chatbot saying “Overwatch Contenders does not currently have an active Drops or Rewards Campaign” Ah I missed this feeling of despair

EDIT2: chat pointing to the fact the twitter post mentions “Action kicks off this weekend with our Overwatch Collegiate Championship!” (April 15th) which conflicts with them saying campaign starts now (April 11th). Guess someone flubbed the dates.

EDIT3: Drops active!!

2 Likes

The drops are working. Already at 15% of 2 hours for the Collegiate Spray (which I met the time for on YouTube the first time it was offered and it never showed unlocked in game).

1 Like

It’s not Reaper’s OW2 skin, it’s Lucio’s OW2 skin

2 Likes

Was not expecting Blizzard to deliver, what a surprise

Path to Pro Spring Season 2023 Drops

EDIT: notably the YouTube stream exists, but doesn’t have any diamond, so definitely don’t bother going the YT watching route for drops

My bad, accidentally put Reaper twice

2 Likes

Earn Reaper’s Overwatch 2 Contenders Skin 8 hours of watching streams during Campaign 1 or Campaign 2

This one should be Lucio I guess.

2 Likes

Damn, only got up to 97% this time.

Can anyone confirm that the spray dropped properly into their account? And is it the old ‘Collegiate 2022’ spray or a new 2023 one?

1 Like

made it to 95% (flipped off the stream for a bit by mistake, oh well)
Currently there’s only the one Collegiate spray in the shop and the one pictured on the Contenders rewards page is the same one. fairly certain this is a “make good” to reoffer the 2022 spray since the Collegiate reward event last year was borked.

1 Like

spray is claimed but it is not received the game

stream ended fairly recently, usually takes a bit for rewards to unlock

i dont expect this new system to work without issues but hopefully its gonna work great

I hope there’s more in the future.

I can’t watch on live due to time zone difference where I’m at work.

Had the whole stream on and got to 8% of 2 hours on classic reaper.

1 Like

First Drop, complete :slight_smile:

1 Like