Overwatch competitive matchmaker patent

Oh my God :smiley: that reminds of the match I played 2-3 days ago where I had this drunk guy giving us a lesson on “how Blizzard matchmaking works” saying how he spent around 1k $ buying lootboxes, because according to him “the more you buy the more will the matchmaker remember your IP or hardware or smth and you will win more because you gave them money”. Man the things people will come up with. These kinds of topics as well as those topics about how Blizzard specifically targets people in low elo, so they would stay low elo borders with those flat earthers and anti vaxxers.

1 Like

Can you explain to my why should be blizzard doing this when they can match players at ± same MMR?

Why should be anyone kept intentionaly lower by placing bad team mates on the team?

1 Like

It’s really easy to make great leaps in logic if you just rely on “they never said it’s not true!” And if they ever do just say “well they’re clearly lying so the masses are not as enlightened as I am!”

1 Like

What if they use only parts of the patent?

1 Like

That’s just you saying what you believe is true. No facts behind it. Which Its not used for cod and it will eventually be proven. Overwatch put themselves in a really bad spot.

Then he shouldn’t of even commented on the patent itself after seeing it.

1 Like

eveb if he goes into details, the forums will be screaming that its a conspiracy.

They probably got bored of answering them since before they kept answering. But since nobody listens whats the point?

you can reach it. You just need to play a lot. Is it hard to understand that the only thing holding you back in this system is time ?

1 Like

That’s probably true because he stated which parts they didn’t use.

I agree. The thing is everyone thinks they are right in their own thinking. It is like that saying “an opinion is like an as*** everyone has one”.

The truth is, put yourself in their shoes, from an objective point of view it is indeed much easier to use your fingers to type out stuff, to complain, come up with theories on why something works and the other thing does not than actually using those fingers to do something useful with them. I am all up for a healthy debate when it comes to OW, things like “why did I mess up here, how? I do not get it, I do not understand, can someone help me?” etc. But doing that in fact requires you to do some actual work, to work on something, to spend time on something, to improve something, to build something etc. And no one these days wants to do the actual work. It is easier to get things delivered on a silver platter just because you complained too much about how your chinese noodles were too cold, and you decided to give a bad review on Yelp so next time you will get your noodles extra hot.

I do not know if it is the American thing or just a people thing in general. As far as OW goes there are way too many Karen’s in this game imo. I still think it is a people thing. Just like with everything in life, in every aspect, so much easier to complain than to actually work for it. I dunno, maybe I am wrong.

2 Likes

Never said intentionally keeping players lower just placing bad players with good players. Is a bad matchmaker.

1 Like

if he did people would be finding other excuses or call him a liar.

1 Like

Can you link the patent, i cannot find it with your description.

Search activision matchmaking patent. It’s actually used for CoD and was patented by ACTIVISION before the merger with Blizzard.

Then can you explain to me exactly what they do? What is there in the patent.

yeah yeah bad player are everywhere. You want blizzard to be abld to predict someones brain? Bad days exist good days exist. In the end ? They are all at the same level just not mentally.

1 Like

Some people might. Just at least open up about it. Would of been a good public relations act.

That one i found but that has NOTHING to do with OW.
The point of that patent is to push people into buying items to help them in the matches. But because OW has NO match impacting items that makes no sense.

2 Likes

you know how many time they talked about the mm in the past? People kept calling them liar.

2 Likes

That’s all it is. You found the patent. People just want another thing to blame for ever losing a game.

4 Likes

Yeah thank you. Wanted to be sure. Such a behavior wouldn’t make any sense for OW. Couldn’t believe Blizzard could be that stupid. Would be only a lose-lose situation.

Good to see that only forum is incapable of understanding a news feed and patent.

2 Likes

I will tell you something. I had discussion about this patent multiple times already with some hardsuck tinfoil hat players who believe in rigged matchmaking forced lossing and nonsense like that.

Maybe blizzard use that patent, maybe not.

BUT I DONT CARE

Do you know why? Because I proved many times that climbing in this game works. Just like many others did on streams. I climbed on multiple accounts with multiple heroes. Even on hard stuck accounts affected by “rigged matchmaking” and anchor stats as players said. Result was always the same. I climbed to where I belong.

So climbing obviously does work, how fast you climb is decided by your skill. Patent didnt stop me. Why it should stop anyone else?

4 Likes