Overwatch Coaching. Hate being low rank? come here!

Looking for people trying to improve and climb! If you have seen Soul’s Overwatch coaching (linked at the bottom) this is actually Soul’s main account. I had some issues getting this account on the forums but here we are. Figured it would produce better results if people see my numbers are actually as high as I say they are.

I am offering free coaching, for Youtube, to everyone reading this. You will receive a thorough video going over your own gameplay. This is one of the best opportunities you will ever get to increase your skill level.

I am a consistent mid masters tank and dps player with high understanding of the game and all of the ranks. I solo climbed from low silver to where I am now with minimal fps experience before Overwatch. I am very passionate about coaching and although I may not be the best player, I do know all of the fundamentals for players that are struggling to climb through those lower ranks, and have climbed through them myself.

Requirements -
Send me a good game. Don’t send me your one sided stomp either winning or losing and expect me to be able to thoroughly go over that gameplay.
Send me a competitive match. I don’t care about your 4 minute quick play game.
Follow the directions properly on submitting. I promise you it doesn’t take long, I just need that info.

How to submit your game -
Reply to this thread with all the info below, email me at asuchricoach@gmail.com, or message me on discord @ Asuchri#9971. You only need to do one.

What to put in the coaching request -
Replay code or a video (1080p please)
Player Name
Character(s) played in the game
SR when the game was played
Platform (pc or whatever console)
Tell me a little bit about yourself as a player, or the game, or anything that might help me

9 Likes

I will definitely be sharing a game soon! EDIT:

Replay code: 8M2PTE

Player name: Heinstar

Character(s) played: Baptiste; Ana

SR when the game was played: 1328SR (can’t remember what the average SR of the match was, it might tell you in the replay)

Platform: PC

About myself: I’m a support main in OCE. I’ve Peaked ~1800SR but have dropped to 1300SR once I started one tricking baptiste. I wasn’t very good with baptiste at the time so it’s understandable why I deranked. However, even though I started using ana again whom I one tricked to 1800SR with, I’m still hovering between 1300 - 1400SR and unable to climb any higher.

I’d like to be able to get back to silver again but it’s a lot harder than I expected, so I’d love to get some tips on climbing as support. I’d be happy to make my profile public if you need to see the nitty-gritty of my SR history also.

Too bad this didn’t come a week or so earlier. I decided to quit OW for greener pastures. I mean I can see if I still have some comp games but idk if they would still be on my account. Glad to see someone trying to help the community.

I’m a low diamond WB player and need help understanding some decisions made by Fate (OWL MT for Shanghai Dragons) in this VOD. Would you be willing to go over it with me?

1 Like

I am a GM WB player (peak 4300), I can help give you my perspective on it. What parts would you like elaboration on?

1 Like

At about 1:45 Fate mines off third phase, which seems like it was to stall and keep the fuel from contesting highground, but then the dragons just hand the fuel the highground. I also thought Fate might have been trying to snowball a pick but the mines were very high and he didn’t commit to an engagement. Very unsure of his intent here.

So right before he went for the mines, Fate and his team had killed the Tracer. Therefor Fate and Void were pushing up to look for an early mines to get a pick or two to stagger the enemies even further.
Fate was going for a “late mines” to try and cover more of the entrance of the third point door, but he enemy brig booped him midair causing his mines to spread too far than planned, Fate’s adaptive shields and piledrive were still on cooldown which means he had to retreat or risk dying. Fate was also at Half health which meant it was better for him to retreat.

If it was a perfect situation and Fate was both full health and had all abilities off cooldown, he would have been able to go for a late mines to cover the door completely, then slam midair to prevent the supports from escaping it, which should have killed both of them and cause a HUGE stagger.

I hope this helped! =]

Thanks. I didn’t notice the brig boop.

1 Like

Happy to help! If you have any more questions or need help, let me know homie! <3

quick thing to note, soul is not gonna actually make you a higher rank. hell give you the tips, you have to listen, and put forth the effort to climb.

1 Like

That is 99% of all games now days.

2 Likes

Ok. Here are two typical games.

The first one is a nasty loss.
4AHGCC

The second one is a close win.
HRD1PC

There was literally not a single second where I could take a breather (not the hog one) and let the team make some plays.

I know tanks are supposed to make room, but every once in a while you have to wait for your cooldowns and shields.

I feel safest with Zarya, Hog and Orisa. I only play Reinhardt when I absolutely have to, because in my Elo you don’t get enough healing to be able to swing the hammer more than 1-2 times, unless you have a friend pocketing you. DVa is almost a desperation pick when Pharmercy gives us hell and doesn’t get countered by the DPS.

In the second match, I just played Zarya out of spite because I felt like the second tank was screwing with me (I also started with underperforming Hog). I admit to misplacing a few stupid gravs out of necessity. Fortunately, I was able to make up for those fails. Amazingly, we were able to stop the payload the second round. I actually didn’t expect that.

Player Name: PhilDunpyh
Characters: Zarya, Rein, DVa and so on…
SR: around 2200
Platform: PC

What to put in the coaching request -

5C82A9
SleepyB34r
Doom / Mcree
~2300-2400??
Platform PC
I like to play flankers.

Replay code AXGPFS