Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

Sigma isn’t mentally ill.

1 Like

With 2-2-2 live why are t they trying to extinguish some of the fires? The forums are blazing.

Define “fires”.

Most of the technical issues had occurred earlier today have already been resolved.

The usual forum bickering.

1 Like

So many screaming 2-2-2 will kill the game and equal number of people saying it’s the best thing since Diablo immortal. It’s a very toxic mess.

Reminds me what happened about 3 years ago.

That being said everyone has the right to express their opinion. Of course if you see anything that breaks the forum code of conduct, please flag those posts.

2 Likes

The usual routine then. Carry on Ladies and Gents.

All of my Highlight save was erased. I had them yesterday and now i dont have none. I save them because they were good memory pls help me to get back my save highlights

Whenever a patch updates any highlights that haven’t been exported, are permanently lost.

1 Like

Can you guys make Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch competitive permanent? Because we are sick of losing because someone in the team dont do the job. At least when we play tdm there will be 4 people so its easy to control. And in deathmatch if you fail thats it you are the one at fault so no regrets. Please guys make Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch Competitive permanent.

please nerf bastion and torbiorn they are just to over powerd

Today’s posts about Role Queue from Scott Mercer have been updated into the directory. Furthermore, I have decided to split up the matchmaking and Role Queue discussion posts from the Competitive and Skill Rating Discussion posts and put them in their own section.

On a side note, to anyone seeing this post, I humbly request your feedback if you have found this Dev Post Directory useful as of late. While I do find every effort to maintain this directory important for my own purposes (as I try to cite most of my responses where appropriate), there may be a chance this project may have to come to an end. If you guys find this topic useful and wish for me to maintain it, please let me know.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t fully understand the Dev Post Directory. Not trying to be cheeky, I see a list of posts, but, directory of posts? Must be missing something.

I categorized and list developer responses based on subjects of discussion (Competitive, hero balance, game features, etc.) for easy searching when needing to cite a developer response into your own discussions.

Ok, I see it now, had to go ALL the way back to the first post to see the “directory” of posts.

Honestly, although I understand the work involved, I just don’t think the time involved provides an equitable usefulness. Yeah, it’s “nice” but searching for something that was said 2 years ago…I would question the value compared to the effort.

Thanks for doing it, not trying to negative, but, if there are other things better served, that would be my feedback.

And this is very constructive feedback and I appreciate it. I am hoping to get responses from anyone who actively uses this and what not. I, of course, use this list extensively as I am very active here on the forums trying to provide info to questions as they come up.

I was thinking about this, and, as an option, it might be good to have a “History” of each hero and the changes/dates for each one, maybe include the comment from the Dev team as to why the change was done. So, when people discuss Heroes, they can refer to the directory and see when it was done and reach their own conclusions on the net effect of the change.

I for one have difficulty remembering at times when changes went into effect, however, in my defense, being a Sym main the sheer amount of changes to try to remember is quite large.

1 Like

Ooo yes I second that idea. Having a complete timeline split for every hero would be amazing

One other forum poster, Kristal, was doing this. Unfortunately, she stopped participating on the forums some time ago. I might pick up the project again… if something does not happen that I am hoping to have happen which is the same reason why I am asking for feedback about this project. (I think you know what I am talking about Ben.)

1 Like

This has been super helpful Wyoming. I have been using your thread as a one-stop shop for updates from the dev. I don’t use the main directory as much because it is hard to tell when new entries are getting added. I usually just scroll to the bottom and look at your replies to this thread when you added new entries.

2 Likes