Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

You may be right.

The issue I am speaking about is the one where grouping causes random group members to not get added to match and instead get their chat window receiving a message Failed to connect to server. in yellow text whereupon the group members inside the game see a message that the person left the match.

This bug has been happening for the last few days but only when grouping with people who live in California, OCE, etc.

Torbjorn is listening to Destinyā€™s Child in his headphones and other tidbits. Someone asked in the story discussion forums and this was posted as an answer.

1 Like

Whoa blast from the past.2017 ftw. It kind of says something though that the devs back then were far more open about things than they are today.

1 Like

I hope Iā€™m posting in the right place here. I have a question about reticule customization . Why canā€™t I move the crosshairs into the circle like this Ā“https://imgur.com/twK1lBQĀ“. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you.

Well this may not be the best thread (you probably would have gotten a faster response by starting your own topic), but I am willing to help nevertheless.

As of this time there is no way to get the arms of a cross and circle reticle to appear within the boundary of the circle. The center gap controls both simultaneously so only the arms will appear straight out.

Jeff just released a new dev diary for July. Apparently the Summer Games have been bumped up in time to be sooner, will include special skin events (like the Baptiste, Ana, and DVa challenges during the last year). But the new hero normally released before the Summer event is instead bumped backward and will come sometime later this year.

Did I miss summarizing anything from that message from Jeff?

Do you think I should make my own topic or is this something that will never change. I really donā€™t understand why this is not in the game.

You are welcome to start your own topic to provide suggestive feedback. I also canā€™t say if they will ever make any tweaks to the crosshair settings, but I would note that any changes are not likely to happen soon based on what the greater needs of the game are.

Yā€™all gonna give pharah some love already? :sob:

someoneā€™s got their work cut out for them :slight_smile:

Godspeed.

I am waiting for more dust to settle, it wonā€™t be too bad. That being said I have a separate thread right now to try and organize overall Q&A for the new features.

1 Like

Yeah, That guy needs something for his time. Iā€™d say that keeping this place on par for the course, he should be given a ā€œred phoneā€ to the Blizzard NOC and Jeffā€™s office desk. :stuck_out_tongue: +1 if you agree!

Back filling is never going to be a fun process as long as ragers leave games. This has less to do with Lucio Ball quality than it has to do with the mentality of all these accursed rage quitting leavers and the equally horrible toxic trash talkers on match chat.

Put it simply this community is full of immature people and it makes the game at times unfun.

But all of that is beside the point. What does any of that have to do with the topic you posted your rant into?

Hey Wyoming, i have a question.

The recent changes that are done to Brigitte to make her fit in to the 2-2-2 role lock means are we in trial and error phase? Because in ptr right now she is not useful. Everything she can do there is another support can do better. She brings nothing new to the table utility wise and her effective heal dictates that she has to be in the frontlines all the while getting her effective HP reduced by 300 and her self healing reduced by 50% and the fact that she no longer has any burst heal.

I really want to know will there be a second phase to this Ptr or is it already set in stone and we left with a character that designed for the frontlines but that ability had been neutered over the course of 9 months and finalized with this rework. All the while her effective heal is still dependent on inspire which requires her to be in harms way, her teammates be in the harms way to heal effectively. Letā€™s not kid ourselves that armor pack is another option because it is not.

So all i am asking will there be future updates to the character that actually completely rework her into a backline healer or make her into what it supposed to be which is frontline brawler support. Because right now, with the previous armor and barrier potency nerfs, the 200 shield hp with over time heals on the armor pack is not worth for teammates nor for her to be in the frontlines for consistent heals neither in the midline where there are much better options in the support category that can more effective.

Also i do have some ideas on the rework, now i am not trying to do your job for you, but i do have to admit the ptr brigitte is not useful in none of the maps, in none of the situations. For her to be relying on whip shot to activate the inspire is not consistent when you consider there are supports out there can do more consistent healing much faster all the while providing utility. Anyway, i want to know this because i am honestly tried of beating a dead horse or hoping for something that is not going to happen. Please if you do not have any certain and final answer do not bother with vague public relation statement because at this point i am full of it. Thanks in advance.

Thereā€™s lots of Brig chatter around these parts. Iā€™m wondering how sheā€™s actually performing compared to other healers on the PTR. I have 40-60 minutes on the PTR for Moira, Brig, Zen, and Baptiste. I only have ~30 minutes on Lucio, but I threw him in anyway (I play a lot of Lucio, so itā€™s probably close enough).

Thatā€™s a small sample size, but itā€™s going to have to be good enoughā€¦ Thereā€™s only so many games I can throw by picking Brig before I fall into despair. :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s where Iā€™m at in the Role Queue Beta mode:

Healer Damage/10min Healing/10min Deaths/Game Blocked/10min Inspire Uptime
Moira 4.3K 10.2K 6.4 - -
Bappy 4.6K 7.3K 7.1 - -
Lucio 4.4K 8.8K 6.6 - -
Zen 6.2K 5.6K 6.0 - -
Brig 2.2K 6.8K 8.3 2.0K 17%

Brigā€™s stats look pretty bad for me. Iā€™m a trash Baptiste, and heā€™s outperforming her pretty much across the board. Lucio just wrecks her in the off-healer role. And both have more utility, which isnā€™t factored in here, except for Brigā€™s Damage Blocked stat.

The Moira buff didnā€™t really seem to change much for me. Itā€™s certainly nice, but the impact seems minor.

How about you? Iā€™ve seen a lot of Mercy and Ana on the PTR, but I havenā€™t played them. Skill obviously has a big impact on these stats, so Iā€™m really just interested in comparing stats within players for those who have played both Brig and another healer on the PTR. And maybe someone who can actually hit things with Baptisteā€¦

Edit: Format. Added Zen. From another post show some love to the creator.

So if we please stop assuming whipshoting from the backline to proc inspire is a good idea. I would be so happy.

1 Like

Hello everyone, all posts and released content from the last few day are caught up! Thanks everyone for your patience.

1 Like

Hello, im indian. Im not native speaker. Sorry for that. I dont live here for a long time yet.

Symmetra. I play her 2000 hours from 7 otp accounts. From 2500 to 3500.

Facts.

1. Lowest pickrate on overbuff.
  2. 200 hp vs 250 hp that have all melee dps.
  3. Window between tp increase 7.5x from 2 sec to 15. But she cant be taxi cauze 5 meters buff can save only 5 sec for those who run from base. And main reason, thats all ā€œtaxiā€ tp need to be broken, cauze sym in high elo must use tp for herself to stay alive.
  4. Nerf slower effects x3.

You just want sym to have 0% pickrate in diamond-grandmaster vs 0.7% now?
Please listen voices from 4000 sr+ sym otp players! On twitch: just_stevooo (stevooo), slytradesman(Big_Succ), abandoned_tv, fenner, raihanow (thotist). We believe in our Blizzard. Im your fan till 2001. I live with your games.

Sigmaā€™s bare feet are to draw on the old media trope about people in insane asylums.

go Myst go!! :tada::tada::tada:

btw, couldnā€™t find the last heard news on the ā€œ3rd social featureā€

(timestamped)

afaik this was the last heard news 10 months ago

1 Like

Michael Chu left the smallest of lore bits in the Story Discussion forum yesterday about Pharah:

I also got the upfront developer video update that specifically talks about Sigma up in the directory as well.

2 Likes