Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

3 Likes

Hello Calle. I realize this off topic, but I have been trying to get this forum issue noticed since July.

Could you guys please post a link to the official patch notes page in the annoucement section? I have met people in game that just find out what the patches contain through word of mouth because Blizzard doesn’t post them here anymore. I myself went weeks without reading the finalized page because it wasn’t there, until I made a thread asking about it.

It would just be super duper super helpful to have an annoucement that patch notes can now be found on the official patch notes page with a link to it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Give WyomingMyst his green text.

1 Like

That would actually be up to the community managers. I technically CAN but I will leave it up to them to add or not.

11 Likes

Thank you for the reply! It means so much to me, as I have been trying to get someone’s eye on this since like July/August. Could you pass along the message for me? I understand if it ends up being a “no,” but I just really wanted this brought to someone’s attention.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, got a bit of an update plugged in, I have been trying to sort through the various BlizzCon live stream dev interviews and the Overwatch Creators Residence dev interviews. Not every single question asked is being added to the directory of course, just the few gems I feel have long term impact for our community right now.

That being said here is what’s new added to the directory:

COMPETITIVE RULESET
Geoff Goodman explains that any new play modes for the Competitive Ruleset are not likely to happen - Geoff Goodman - November 5th, 2018 - Twitch

SEASONAL EVENTS
Jeff Kaplan details plans for the Winter Wonderland 2018 seasonal event - Jeff Kaplan - November 2nd, 2018 - Twitch

ROLE QUEUE
Geoff Goodman states that the devs discusses the possiblity of Role Queue - Geoff Goodman - November 5th, 2018 - Twitch

REQUESTED GAME FEATURES THAT ARE NOT LIKELY TO COME
Geoff Goodman says that a Rank Reset is extremely unlikely to happen - Geoff Goodman - November 5th, 2018 - Twitch

GENERAL HERO BALANCE
Jeff Kaplan’s states the need to bring in more tanks and supports and they have the next six heroes planned - Jeff Kaplan - November 2nd, 2018 - Twitch

DEVELOPER BIOGRAPHIES
Jeff Kaplan’s sensativity is the default setting in Overwatch - Jeff Kaplan - November 2nd, 2018 - Twitch

FAN CONTENT
Josh Engen explains the Overwatch Creator Residency Program - Josh Engen - November 5th, 2018 - Twitch

Also any suggested content is still welcomed to be provided, I may not post everything that is submitted as I kinda feel out if the question repeats itself or is too niche to be a reference for the community for. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project so far!

3 Likes

thanks Myst <3 the praise is way overwhelming. Thank you all!

1 Like

Can we get a rein nerf? Ever?

1 Like

I am curious what day of the week PTR nerfs tend to go live on but don’t want to make a thread, so I hope this is ok to post here.
I am doing my own little experiment hoping to play 50 games before Brig is nerfed. But I am now worried the nerfs will be going live soon.
Does anyone know the usual day in which the nerf would go through?

1 Like

Most live patches often hit the game on Tuesdays. That being said, I think you will have a little time. Most patches are released, to either coincide with a new hero, a new map, or a seasonal event. Winter wonderland will likely start mid December. Probably on the 11th. I am anticipating that will be the release date of patch 1.31 and all of the current balance changes which are now available on the public test region.

4 Likes

That’s quite a long wait honestly

1 Like

Perhaps, and I could be wrong. I just work off any past trends from prior PTR and Live patches.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this

This really makes me hope the mod team will take notice and hopefully develop subforums one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone, got caught up and added a few important posts added to the directory today.

In the Story Discussion forum, Michael Chu explains what the original purpose for the Bastion unit was for:

In the general discussion forum, Tom Power’s details the Loot Boost promotion on specially marked packages of Kellogg’s brand products (including the new Lucio-oh’s Cereal)

And a fun tidbit post from Bill Warnecke on Reddit about how B.O.B. interacts in the game.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9yuemu/dear_bliz_can_you_fix_bob_so_he_doesnt_contest/ea4co9h

Thanks again for everyone’s support in this project!

(^^)v

1 Like

Haystack buddies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Torbjorn Deadlock skin is non-canon

1 Like

Jeff Kaplan made a post on “I don’t like developer silence” and the information would be really useful!
Here’s his post:

Thanks for the heads up, I was eating a really tasty burrito when this apparently appeared. At least this post will be handy for a little while to keep people in the loop for now. I expect Mr. Kaplan will post a “New Years” Developer Update Video like he has done the past two years now, which gives an outlook on things to come. However, this post proves my expectations of the dev team right now that they are working hard to make Overwatch better but it is taking a lot of time.

The post has been added to the Development Challenges section.

1 Like

What was it like?
We must know

Hey Callie, I’ve noticed a thing where people who have posted on a locked thread can edit their posts even after it has been locked, which can result in discussion still happening on a thread that was supposed to be silenced.

Are you or anyone else aware of this? Will there be a fix on the way?
Thanks in advance.