Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

After reviewing the first section, I overhauled the Competitive, General Features, and Report/Actions sections to have more defined sub sections. Now you should be able to look up specific subjects in the headers for easy research.

2 Likes

Everyone has a little bit of insanity in them, you just got know how to use it.

12 Likes

I suppose this goes to show that the community cares more about the game than the creators.

1 Like

Fascinating.

2 Likes

The community cares and so does Blizzard. Right now, it seems so frustrating with a lack of communication from any of the development team lately, but do remember that it is BlizzCon season. The forums was just as quiet this time last year. I know they are working on making the game even better. I have a feeling our patience will be rewarded within a matter of days.

10 Likes

You’re a saint WyomingMyst.

Thanks for all of your effort!

Edit - I noticed nothing showed up on the list for animation cancels. Even if Widowmaker’s scope trick wasn’t an animation cancel, the corresponding post goes over some of their opinions on responsive hero design…

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745186024?page=3#post-42

Edit 2 - Any chance this can be broken up into Seasons? I know that’s a bit more formatting, but it does help make it more easily digestible since people associate certain things with certain seasons.

2 Likes

Added. I think I was getting tired by the time I was sort through the Geoff Goodman posts. Not to mention since a high majority of the posts are short responses of balance changes that are now out of date from the release of the latest patch, I often did not include them. However this one is worthy because of the design principal he discusses. Thanks for pointing it out.

Competitive Season or Calendar Seasons? Not quite sure what you mean. If changes reflected a certain Competitive Season it was marked. Otherwise any subject point should technically apply today unless it has an hourglass emoji attached to it.

2 Likes

I was thinking something along the lines of this;

Year 1

** Pre Season 1**

• Something in June 2016

Season 1

• Something from Season 1

Season 2

• Something from Season 2
Year 2

Season 5

• Something from Season 5

Season 6

• Something from Season 6

Basically an alternate way of structuring things. Although I totally understand if you wouldn’t want to do that just because a megathread by itself is already so much work.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this!

It was always a pain trying to find older Dev comments that I knew existed but couldn’t easily find, especially when they were on the old forums. Gonna make life so much easier.

1 Like

Yeah, I rather keep things sorted by category rather than date. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You are most welcome. That is the whole goal of this topic.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who has liked my topic so far, it means a lot to see this has been well received. If you ever feel like you are ever going to use this resource, remember to hit the blue bookmark icon in the starting post. That way you can find the topic in your bookmarks on your forum profile.

3 Likes

Minor update everyone, I forgot about a question about why there is no hero ban system in Overwatch and I did remember that Game Director Jeff Kaplan answered it a while back. I have since updated the general game features list appropriately.

1 Like

I’ll bookmark this. :slight_smile:

The Mercy Ice Cream Movement :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

3 Likes

Hey everyone, I got the first major update applied to this project. Added:

• Jeff Kaplan on why PTR is not on console
  • Bill Warnecke on why Overwatch is not on Linux
  • Competitive 13 News Blog
  • Marcin Rausch’s Hero Story
1 Like

:pushpin: I’ll keep an eye on this thread. :wink:

15 Likes

Bookmarked, great work :slight_smile:
I thought it was really really out of date as the 11th of January for a bit lol

2 Likes

That’s a LOTTA links!
Great job ^^

1 Like

In this interview they reveal that Bastion has went through 15 different incarnations.

I think it is relevant because a lot of people think Bastion isn’t a hero that Blizzard likes, but he had a lot of initial development to him and they considered him one of the most challenging heroes to work on.

2 Likes

This looks like so much work. Thanks wyoming!

Make this man a mod or pay him! hes always on here helping everyone out.

5 Likes