Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

I wonder if it would be helpful to move the top post down by one, and use the top post as a currated Summary of recent dev activity. Such as forum quotes, YouTube/Twitch embedded links.

Just like the top 5.

Please rescale reaper lifesteal, its quite unfair the he is categorized as a dmage hero but can tank since the lifesteal is very insane. he just heals the incoming damage he recieves in 2 hits of his weapon even from a far… Or atleast rescale his damage if you dont want to rescale his lifesteal. its not enjoyable anymore that he can cheese out heroes almost any mission because of the buff and high damage while support heroes like Ana gets nerfed almost that its not its not viable to use anymore.

For your kind consideration. Thank you!!

Dear Sir/Madam

I hope that i do not be considered racist or hater for my following comments. I simply want the game be more joyful and pleasant for me and others.

“”“Could you please kindly dedicate a SERVER just for Russia.”""

based on my many hours playing Overwatch (mostly arcade and quick play and lessen competitive) I came across followings to back my reasons for my request:

1-Most Russian players refuse to communicate in English and despite 5 team members with non-Russian language, they continue to speak Russian even when 5 other players ask not to or at least not to talk (i know about muting but this game is about communication). they communicate with other Russians even if one person, in Russian and you can hear two people talking when other players cant understand.

2-they get toxic (very toxic) when tides are not in favor (in a gold rank, all players are relatively the same, therefore there is no need to call others noob, idiots or same things with (in many cases) adding inappropriate words usually starts with F)

3- they leave during games if they feel they are going to loose.

4-they refuse to cooperate with the team. I know every body is free to pick the hero he/she wants, but they can point out their words more politely with no game play sabotage, or ask others more politely.

5- many times i have come across Russian players who are throwing and some times just playing emotics with other Russian player when 4 other players are in a team fight.

I need to point out that not all of Russian are like this and I also have two Russian friends in Overwatch who they have same opinion and Many of my friend who plays Overwatch have same problem.

I hope i dont look a hater and I really hope that this matter would be solved.
It could have been solved if players reported such cases and not ignorantly forgo it.

Best Regards

Jeff Kaplan appeared on the forums mid-day today. Talking about past experiments with role queue and team comp expectations.

These will be sorted into the Role Queue and Other Game Feature Responses respectively in the General Game Features section.

2 Likes

During the Overwatch League matches, Michael Chu dropped a lore bit identifying Hammond as more of a mechanic in terms of his profession.

1 Like

Another post in the books. Kaplan compares the ping system seen in Respawn’s Apex Legends to features they tried in Overwatch during development.

2 Likes

I can see why this would be hard to implement jn a very confined 3d environment but what if all you pinged was say your targets or an ally simple things

Okay, time for me to get the dev post directory caught up:

INTERVIEWS WITH THE COMMUNITY

LORE

HERO BALANCE

MAP BALANCE

OVERWATCH LEAGUE

NON-GAME RELATED POSTS

2 Likes

The link for this is not working.

This is now working.

1 Like

Sorry everyone for not keeping things updated lately, between watching Overwatch League and some personal matters on my part, I have been quite busy. I have updated the directory with the ample supply of information that has appeared in the last couple of weeks including:

1 Like

Thank you for fixing the link!

On Reddit, Game Director Jeff Kaplan shares a video of Baptiste’s prototyping where the Immortality field was literally a lamp post spawned into the play field.

1 Like

I just want to point out…

A new lore drop in the PlayOverwatch.com website was released today:

NEWS ARTICLE - [LOCAL] HOW DON RUMBOTICO’S INTERNATIONAL FAME IS SLOWLY ERASING ITS FOUNDERS FROM THE NARRATIVE

Hey everyone, doing a technical update today. Some of the Twitch interview streams have dropped off so they are removed from the directory. Furthermore, the BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket has now expired. These panels will likely be accessible again when the 2019 Virtual Ticket returns, but until then the content is no longer accessible. As such these entries will be marked with a :no_entry: sign to show the content is offline.

Can we get a hint about a skin for the Anniversary event? :3

A lot has happened in the last few weeks with the release of the Overwatch Workshop. That being said I am working to catch up on posts for the directory. The following entries will be added. I have also cleaned up some spelling errors, bad links, and a few other missteps.

Competitive Play | Matchmaking | Skill Rating

COMPETITIVE SEASON NEWS BLOGS

COMPETITIVE MODE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND RULE CHANGES

Quick Play | Arcade Game Modes | Training Modes

Seasonal Events | Special Promotions

DEVELOPER UPDATE VIDEOS

General Game Features

OTHER GAME FEATURE RESPONSES

DEVELOPER VIDEO UPDATES/PRESS RELEASES

Console Specific Game Features

Reporting | Account Actions | Community Behavior

AFK/LEAVING

Performance/Crashes Troubleshooting - PC

Lore

GENERAL LORE INFORMATION

Also note, with the release of the Overwatch Workshop, I will NOT be tracking specific Workshop related developer responses at this time. Those responses are not really intended for the purpose of the dev post directory as a general knowledge resource. Thanks for your understanding in that matter.

Hey WyomingMyst,

I think this might be a slightly misleading summary. Someone might read this to think they can leave providing they have never selected a hero.

If the ‘Assemble Heros’ phase ends and you have not picked then you will still be on the ‘hero selection screen’ but will no longer be in the grace period.

They must leave during the 45 second Assemble Heros phase that happens at the very beginning of a match.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have changed it.

1 Like