Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 9/12/2019

New update to the archives today…

First Tom Powers did a bump on a constructive topic in the Bug Report forum which significantly breaks down a VERY detailed report of suspected bugs for Doomfist and how they affect his current kit, identifying which are bugs and which are not. While I don’t typically document Blizzard responses to bugs, if most of these bugs are being resolved, it could result in a dramatic shift of balance for Doomfist. So for now it is going to be in the hero balance section for the time being.

Now I also caught up on several non-critical developer responses on Reddit from Lead Engineer Bill Warnecke, first he confirms a video advertisting an “Overwatch Mobile” game is indeed fake and any information collecting from it is a SCAM. Because of this, I am starting a new emoji, the :warning: icon, to denote such posts. The idea is to help spread the message that such content is a scam, but players MUST be careful to NOT go to the source content in order to protect their accounts.

On a lighter note, Bill Warnecke also had positive reactions to fan-created content in the last few weeks:

Guys you should really buff dommfist, he need buffs, #BuffDoomfist

You, uh, know Dinoflask does NOT do that, right?

1 Like

Game Director Jeff Kaplan is popping in on the forums today, this first post is not likely to be placed into the directory as it has little context outside of announcing an upcoming patch hopefully next week.

However he did gives a little trip back down memory lane of what he remembers it was like to first play Overwatch. This post will be sorted into the Development History section

2 Likes

The directory has been updated with the lore drops from the new Bastet story.

COMICS & SHORT STORIES

SOLDIER: 76

RIP Briggette. Rippity Rip.

And also I really like reaper, but 50% is too much.

There were two key interviews in the Overwatch Creator’s Residency today with Game Director Jeff Kaplan.

On that note, I have moved all Interviews into a separate section in the Development & History section on the third post since most of those interviews have a huge variety of subjects discussed. If you want to discuss these interviews specifically, please see this topic:

1 Like

Minor new update discovered on Reddit earlier this week, apparently the feature of being able to transfer ownership of a custom game lobby will be introduced in the 1.33 patch (note we are currently live on patch 1.32 and the PTR is testing features for 1.32.1).

GASP! WYOMINGMYST GOT HIS GREEN TEXT!

I noticed this too. Wonder when that happened. Awesome that it did.

Keep up the good work, OP!

Hello everyone, getting caught up on new developer responses this week.

First off, during the patch launch yesterday Bill Warnecke explains the difficulties in having a smooth patch launch for all parts of the world.

Today Geoff Goodman appeared in the Overwatch Creator’s Residency and discussed a lot of hero balance topics with IDDQD (former pro player of the San Francisco Shock) on Twitch.

Click here for the Goodman/IDDQD Interview

In addition in a topic that discussed this stream, Goodman followed up with some key responses for channeled damage attacks and for how Reaper gets around with Shadow Step.

1 Like

Hey everyone, sorry about the delays in updating the directory (as I have been dealing with some serious issues outside of Overwatch).

Jeff Kaplan revealed more details about why Fall Damage is not in the game (he has answered this previously on the old forums long ago).

Michael Chu dropped a small, but obvious lore tidbit regarding certain heroes favorite choice of music…

I don’t think I can take him seriously right now.

Okay, so my friend and I were playing Comp, and we were losing like crazy. One, we were getting in with people who were nowhere near our skill level, and Lucio feels so bad to play. D.va also feels super squishy to the point where she’s being torn to shreds by people who shouldn’t even be able to kill her that quickly. Just pointing out those complaints, because this game has gotten so much worse, much like WoW.

i wanted a refund first day i purchased a license for overwatch.
Well, I didn’t get one so i’m stuck with it.
When i play quickmatch its me and a bunch of other newer players versus the most experienced. game lasts momentts we dont get stuff all exp.
And its the same humiliation every game with the same players.
Mr crossbow can fire 3 times whilst i receive 1 hit kill. video replay shows 3 shots fired. I want my money back because this is the only game thats ever done it.

im just seeing if ive been silenced

Ummm…

Welcome to the forums, I guess?

If you really want to complain about something, please do so by creating a new thread, and not commenting on an existing one. You also need to ensure that you are being respectful to other people in your thread, otherwise, your posts may be deleted, your thread may be locked or deleted, and you may be silenced.

@Pidima, seeing as this is your first post on the Overwatch forums, you haven’t been silenced.
Being silence in-game and on the forums are two completely different things.

1 Like

Actually officially, any account action in game should result in an automatic forum suspension. See this post here for details.

Source: Overwatch Forums

I say “should” because I am under the distinct impression that this feature is not working as intended by Blizzard based on the number of people complaining about getting actioned here on the forums. (Of course, I have no way of knowing for sure, that is for Blizzard to handle.)

Oh ok, I don’t think that the function is working as intended.

Hey Wyoming, could you just fix this up? Thanks.

I wonder if it would be helpful to move the top post down by one, and use the top post as a currated Summary of recent dev activity. Such as forum quotes, YouTube/Twitch embedded links.

Just like the top 5.