Overwatch - Best Esports game

I like this roast beef. But can you tell the chef I’m gay and proud?

Inappropriate.

I really like your store but hey! I’m gay and I’m proud!

Inappropriate.

I would like to thank my couch for leading me down the path to win this amazing throphy. Also I’m gay and I’m proud.

Inappropriate.

We really did not need to know his sexual relations.

2 Likes

Not always.

Before it was about the storytelling the journey the artwork the sharing. It was about passion compassion and creativity.

Now it’s lootboxes overhype ads galore and whatever they can get away with.

And we let them do it too…which is the saddiest part.

Accidentally missed out best on going game, but that went to Fortnight.

Good thing no one says things like that.

Nobody says that either. Are all of your examples going to be such obvious strawmen?

I don’t know what a thropy is, but if he wants to shed light on being a part of a historically disenfranchised group during an industry award ceremony then that’s his business. When you accept the award for esports player of the year next you can talk about what you want.

Do we really need to know about someone’s relationship with their god when they thank the Academy? I mean, where is the outrage for that. I also recall talking about hero roles on the forum and having to be subject to some guy telling me about his military service, as if that was important.

We let the religious zealot and the gung-ho military man talk. Let the gay guy talk too.

2 Likes

I may suggest that you’ve just grown up enough to see through the veneer. The ugly truth has always been there son. There’s a reason that there is a landfill full of ET cartridges, and it isn’t because things were about storytelling or journeys. Unless you’re telling the story of the dump truck’s journey to the landfill, that is.

1 Like

But hey lets get off topic here. I’M BISEXUAL AND PROUD OF IT!

Good for you. I will support your right to be visible, just as I support his.

Things can change. Granted I’m 29 but dude. If it’s a hobby we love we shouldn’t let it go so easily.

It’s as much as your hobby as it is my own.

That’s great! takes his pants off and holds up an MLP doll Did I mention I’m a brony too?!

Praise me moreeeeee!

Again, it isn’t going anywhere. It hasn’t changed at all. It isn’t going to change either, as the industry is more lucrative now than it has been at any point since before the crash.

Also fine. You can be what you want to be and talk about what you are. You spent hours lecturing me on your military career, which had no point. You can talk about your love for My Little Pony as much as you like too.

1 Like

Welcome to the Overwatch forums, where you mention Esports and you get two grown men arguing and saying stuff like this.

To be fair, I wasn’t saying anything like this. But if you want we can just go back to yelling at people that play Mercy or Brigitte. That is also very mature and productive.

But was it on topic?

Did it reply or add to the conversation?

Did it stay on point in this debate? Or was it merely excused because well…

This false moral value that I should be excused?!

Am I a crippled individual for being bi?! How about you tell me why you would allow me to act like a child and get away with it when we were having an adult converdation on a whole nother topic.

Why would you let me do that? It was inappropriate of me to egen just change the subject at all. And you’re promoting that behavior that I can make and should make everything about a single label of my own personal choices.

Why? Just why. I am so much more than one label that I identify myself with. Why can’t you see me as a person and more than a “bi person”?

Well esports is a joke.

You got kids straight out of school making 6 digits a year…for a video game. 20 years ago people thought video games were a waste of time. Now all of a sudden its a cash grab left and right.

Esports included with streaming. Just…wow. no wonder why no one ever thinks about the gaming experience over the veiwing experience.

Down the drain with all of us.

Dude, it was his speech. It was his minute. And in his minute he did nothing different than the person talking about their religious conviction or beating their chest about the veterans. Both of those convictions are deeply personal, but we give them a pass. Maybe it is time to give SonicFox a pass too.

I don’t know, are you?

Well first of all this is an internet forum about a video game. The volume of important discussion occurring here is precisely zero. If you want to talk about your orientation or your love for ponies then that’s fine. We’re not curing cancer or fostering world peace here.

Secondly, and more to the point, SonicFox did what every award winner does – talk about themselves. That’s it.

Because you are a grown man – or so you claim – and it isn’t my business to tell another grown man what he can or cannot say. That’s reality, and I suggest an attitude adjustment might be helpful in conforming to reality.

2 Likes

Hey but thats fine I’m bisexual and proud of it.

This conversation is about me suddenly so I should share what attracts me.

Is that your whole point?

It was about his career in an esports scene about video games. But yeah sure lets ask Sonicfox about more of his private life.

Hey Sonic do you shave? Do you take it or give it? Please we need to know now! How about the suit you wear that too?

Why do we need to know this?! Why is it excused?!

I’m sorry for going off the rails but logically most mothers would slap their sons for spealing in such a way on stage in front of millions.

Privacy matters both for the winner there and those watching. Guranteed there was kids watching.

I wish you could have seen the two chats I was reading when that went down. I really wish you could have had a glimspe of how people really reacted to that speech combined with the half baked applause.

Glad we’ve come to an agreement then. Have a super day.

He gave up.

Sadly I cannot tell a grown man what they should or shouldn’t do. I can only advise suggest and tip him off. Yet his choices are his own consequences.

Moral value is about accepting that. Not denying the bad with the good.

Wtf they won best esport?! Against Dota 2 and LoL? What a joke.
Just like last year, when they won the best evolving game prize over warframe.
These awards are a joke.

4 Likes

Well deserved award imho.

JJonak had a great nomination. It was clearly exceptional :

• Hey man, you cant be DPS, you are a support pla …
  • JJonak : “Hold my beer…”
1 Like