Overwatch at the Game Awards (1 award won, 2 additional related nominations)

The Game Awards has come and gone and despite being over two years in, Overwatch is still making its name known to the world by taking…

Best Esports Game 2018 (2nd Year Won)

Nominations:

• Jjonak (Overwatch League, New York Excelsior) as nominated for best Esports player of the year, but unfortunately did not win the award.
  • Overwatch was nominated for Best Ongoing Game for its second year in a row, but Fortnite wins the award this year.

Game Director Jeff Kaplan made a brief appearance to present this year’s Game of the Year award to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Santa Monica Studio for God of War (PS4).

26 Likes

Congrats Overwatch and the devs team, OWL was fun to watch.

22 Likes

Woo best esport! I hope they win best ongoing game, too. The amount of support it’s still getting going on three years old is great.

2 Likes

So Bli$$ard bought The Game Awards?

Yawn.

11 Likes

Best E-Sport?
…Lol k.
(Out of CS:GO, DOTA 2, Fortnite and LoL, yeah sure).
[EDIT] Ayy it’s Jacksepticeye
[EDIT2] Why the hell is RD2 even nominated for anything? It came out like 3 weeks ago, it’s way too fresh.

12 Likes

Thanks for the updates, WyomingMyst.

Congratulations to OW Dev Team and the staff at Blizzard!

Looking forward to the 2nd season of OWL.

1 Like

Gee Gee!
Congrats Blizzard and community. I won’t spoil anything but they’ve been nominated for a bit more; that itself is quite an achievement. :+1:

I guess I need new eyes :frowning:

8 Likes

Congrats to the team for their hard work and effort.

1 Like

Because it’s easily surpassed a lot of games that have come out I’ve Been having more fun with it than any game I’ve gotten this year.

Gj Blizzard, looking forward to next year’s OWL! … LET’S GO OUTLAWS WOOOOOO :metal:

3 Likes

Well with all that effort they put into to OWL, I guess they deserve it.

Honestly a really undeserved reward

11 Likes

Funny, I thought with all the money WE game THEM to be able to even make something like OWL, we’d get frequent ingame updates.

4 Likes

Meh. there is really only LoL, GS:GO or OWL that could win it.

GotY 2018 Summary: Oh an award? RED DEAD.

Celeste should’ve won best soundtrack

1 Like

Jjonak was nominated for best Esports player of the year, but unfortunately did not win the award.

Tell me about it, the fact that Yuri Lowenthal or Brian Dechart didn’t win the award for their performances is astounding.

1 Like

I still can’t believe my Zen God lost to a furry…
Sobs violently…

1 Like

Wyoming, they need to pay you for all the stuff you do on here.

1 Like