Overwatch application shutting down giving no error message

The application just shuts down on its own, leaving no messages indicating a crash or an error in the application or in the system. I know for a fact that it’s not a hardware problem because when I’m in a group with my friends, as soon as my game shuts down, their game shuts down as well. I’m also aware that other people are having the same issue. The strange thing is that when I load the game back up, The game just plugs me into my group again, and the same thing for my group members. The same thing happens if I was in a queue searching for a game, the game starts searching for a game as soon as I load it up. This is happening a lot during matches.

I never experienced this issue before so I was confused when it shut down with no error messages. It only happened once after I updated the game. I ran the “Scan and Repair” feature from the Battle.net launcher and the game hasn’t crashed ever since but I’m not sure if it did anything or if it’s just a coincidence.

I have just had that exact same issue, it happened as well in the past week or two. I was queueing for a game and i was on skirmish then game just shut down without giving any sort of message. In the end i came to the forum to see if i was not the only one

Please make sure to report your cases in this thread as Blizzard is tracking it the most there:

can confirm. I am usually grouped with friends and there have been several times we have all had our game crash one by one. Tried for about a half hour but we all just randomly would crash at different times. Just happened ten minutes ago, which is why I am here now.