Overwatch anti-cheat system is useless

Tbf, don’t they purposely hold off on banning until they can get a lot of people in one go?

I thought that was the whole logic behind ban waves. Wait for a cheat to spread and shut down as many people as possible.

Ofc cheaters will cheat, Blizz could make a system that’s 99% effective at blocking cheats but all the cheaters need is that 1% exploit chance.

You are report=ban people for throw/toxic and he gonna smurf and destroy everything (like me)

:wink:

1 Like

Thank you dangerio for ruining people’s pleasure. I’m a PS4 player btw, we have smurfs like every 5 games or so.

Its not useless, they just prepare ban waves, so the cheaters cant warn each other and take counter measures.

When i started play in plat (gm smurf) my winrate on ORISA after 10 games — 80% XD. Just place orisa shield behind rein, shooting him head and bodyblock with shift)

Jeff, love you :wink:

1 Like

:thinking:

SavagePapi Jeff

1 Like

Did you miss the massive ban wave that happened recently?

The best way to get rid of smurf is to climb to the top of the food chain. But then cheaters will already begin to meet;). REAL cheaters, not smurfs who just know how to drive heads over their heads

1 Like

Look up the replay of YS7Y79 (Import this code) from Jay3’s stream earlier and watch the Soldier: 76 he was against.

LMAO.

Albeit the guy was banned during the game near the end and the match just ended for everyone no win, loss, or tie. They did play to tie from agreement though.

Yeah, there is no one perfect anti-cheat system as far as I know. It’s a battle between programmers on both sides trying to beat each other at that game. They must always iterate and update, while implementing strategies that use multiple techniques to detect, remove and prevent those things. Just do your part in reporting it and keep hoping your games are cheat free in the meantime.

Smurfs are cheaters too, I’m on PS4 so cheaters aren’t a big problem but the gm smurfs are everywhere and basically free roaming around gold and plat.

1 Like

there is only one way out - to become gm.

Smurfs=money.
Blizzard love money
People still play vs smurf (btw smurfs no so much)

1 Like

Smurfing on it’s own, or the act of playing a new or lower leveled account isn’t inherently cheating, and often the hidden MMR should adjust quickly enough to put them against adequate opponents since it’s like 3 numbers. But if they’re throwing to maintain a lower status or play rate, just so they can later out play lower levels, then obviously that is reportable as gameplay sabotage.

I wouldn’t say it’s useless, but it shouldn’t be the only thing…

I know it’s insane. Like I just don’t understand it. Being bad at aiming isn’t even a problem in this game cause there are character who don’t require aim and let you contribute.

I mean like the one or two times I got accused of cheating I’m like, as if I could afford to pay for them lmao.

Your answer does not relate to the contents of my post at all.

Smurfs actually throw and win to keep their acounts in gold or plat or diamond.

Sure, then it’s just a thrower, but people try to imply that a low level account on its own, without even the action of throwing, will just be enough to match them against noobs to bully. But even a high level account could just throw some games to bully low levels, I mean there are plenty of low mmr players with high level accounts anyway, no one would call those smurfs, just throwers.

Throwers and smurfs are both toxic for this game. They basically ruin everyone’s fun.

Not necessary. Someone simply offers to raise the rating to another (for example, to his friend). And someone just takes and plays on a new character for himself. Some sometimes exit the match a second before the word VICTORY.

P.S. if you do not annoy such a smurf, then you can play a very typical match. Not always, of course, but it happens.

And if you do not open your mouth once again with insults to the allies, and apologize for your shoals - then throwers will be several times smaller.

By the way, then this friend will fall down. And no, he will not intentionally lose the game. He just didn’t get his rating. But I think you yourself understand how it will look for others)