Overwatch Anniversary Remix Vol. 3 is now live!

It’s exactly this. I don’t know why people are so shocked about this.

Why would they keep selling loot boxes that are going to become useless on or before October 4?

2 Likes

I mean yes that’s usually how Blizz works. They don’t like giving dates on things until they are fairly certain its gonna happen. Hence the years long silence on OW2, lol. Blizz polish is great but also a pitfall when it comes to timely releases.

I mean I think Shareholders are probably already pleased by the Microsoft Acquisition and jump in stock value but idk…

But none of that changes that they didn’t “lie” about there being more skins than ever this year…

Nah, the licence was just completely mismanaged, we’ve learned about it recently with some leaks iirc, Freedo probably has a video on it. Point is, Blizzard isn’t the same company anymore, hasn’t been for years and it’s been proven in the past with games like Warcraft 3 Reforged.

We’ll have to see if the acquisition does go through, they still have a lot of federals agencies to please apparently.

You’re right it doesn’t change that they didn’t lie, I was just being sarcastic.

Blizzard could have put a lot of skins for this event but instead they want save everything for OW2 and put a heavy price. It seems my fears are being justified.

5 Likes

Maybe for the same reason that lootboxes are still earnable in-game?

I mean think about it more like this:

People are gonna be mad/complain if they buy lootboxes after this event to stock up on OW1 tokens thinking it will transfer over and be used for all future store cosmetics and then when those aren’t useful in OW2 anymore they are gonna get upset

So seems like Blizz is just shutting down the possibility of any of that happening

4 Likes

So, it is official now? Overwatch is totally dead??? it’s so sad T T

2 Likes

Overwatch goes out without a bang, just what it’s been known for: No content, lackluster if ANY event, and disappointment. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised from this development team, since they haven’t cared about the game or the players for years.

But DON’T worry, they’ll have new $40 skins to empty your wallet in October… thanks for being longtime, dedicated Overwatch players… give us all your cash!

4 Likes

Each Loot Box has a chance to contain items from past Anniversary and seasonal events

Does this mean past weekly events as well? or is this saying past events like winter wonderland 2000? I’m guessing the latter rather than the former.

I missed echo doll skin and thats the only one I really want.

Ugly re-colors and unchanging, repeated PVE events. They’re still phoning it in, but they want us to know they totally won’t do this in the “sequel.” :wink:

Weekly skins are not in loot boxes. Only the normal event ones

1 Like

you forgot to lower the summer games prices

4 Likes

30+ skins, they mean the classic ones! :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Indeed they totally FORGOT to reduce 2021 summer skins from 3k to 1k! THEY FORGOT! This game is beyond salvation. They have left it rot and only 1 or 2 amateur employees are still working on it. The explanation: “They all work for OW2 development” . Ow2 which will have only 3 new heroes (If they kept releasing 1 hero every 4-6 months we would have wayyy more than 3 from 2020 til now). Ow2 which is clearly a downgrade for those who actually BOUGHT overwatch 1. They remove a game we bought and replace it with a f2p one, plain and simple. I really hope for a worthy alternative out there but there is nothing.

3 Likes

When is Total Mayhem back?

Overwatch Anniversary Remix Vol is live and MM goes RIGHT out the window now.

enjoy your forced losses everyone.

No…they mean the 30+ skins in the Battle Pass and Cosmetic Store launching October 4th.

2 Likes

Hey man, Red Ranger was the leader.

1 Like

Go Go Power Rangers!

1 Like

will these be the default 2 skins or actual new skins?